A dummy that reverses the fate of death

Hey, I thought I’d show off something cool I made with scripting here using Tweening:

I’m a scripter trying to improve so if you have any other unique ideas similar to this you can put them down here. I have not tried replicating this into players but I would be able to if I should do it.

EDIT: I have created a player version! It is slightly more buggy than a NPC would be though but you can hardly notice it. I know it’d probably look better with forcefields not being placed in the character after death but I kept it here.

39 Likes

How would you even begin doing thi- Its so- cool :scream:

1 Like

Thank you, I use TweenService and record all the original CFrames of the body parts before death then tween back and replace it with a new character.

3 Likes

That’s smart. that would’ve been very inefficient if you had to go through the position for all of the body parts. Well done!

That is so cool! I’d like to see this implemented into a game someday.

1 Like

Maybe I will implement it myself, I actually have a game idea that may utilize this! :wink:

I’ve created a player based version and have edited the post, hope you guys like it!

I’m aware of how to do this, but how did you record all the CFrames before death?

I just record it when the player dies since when the Humanoid dies, their body parts haven’t fallen yet. I record it in a table. I also account for if the player dies in some way where their body parts aren’t there anymore, such as falling in the void.

You could record it every so and so seconds but I found that it creates a flaw where the CFrames recorded can be the dead body parts’ CFrames just if the player dies fast enough a lot.

1 Like

I wonder what it looks like from another client’s perspective on the player version.

It’s completely server-based so it should look just as you see it.

1 Like

Oh, that’s pretty smart not going to lie. Not sure how you accounted to the void part but amazing. This would be a cool open source code.

The character’s body parts have no parent when you fall into the void. If you ever try to get HumanoidRootPart as it’s one of the most important body parts of a character (Humanoid even has a property for it named RootPart) and you fall into the void while doing so, it will error because it’s nil. I however notice that Humanoid and the model itself stays though.

For open source code, I’ll think about it if people really want it.

Hey don’t open source it untill I get to finish my secret puzzle game with it. Shhh! And also do just get CFrames as soon as they die?

Yes. Also, what’s your secret puzzle game I hear?

I plan to make more cool creations similar to the little creative unique aspect I got from this, glad it could help you with a game idea.

It’s a simplistic puzzle theme that creates a different player scenario every timethey join the game.

Sometimes they get find the button, a new maze, a horror house, find the key, etc.

It’s a one player gamethat i plan on scripting some interesting physics for, both R15 and R6. Assistants welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your model looks very cool, the dummy you made can be also used as a boss level type of NPC if your going to fight it as an enemy.
Take this for example, if this dummy can reverse the fate of death, it maybe also used as a zombie boss because your dummy looks very unique and this will really make it for users to defeat this dummy if your going to use this as a boss in a zombie game, this is totally recommendable for that type of game.

1 Like

Thank you, I have many ideas for types of abilities like these, I have definitely thought of your idea except without a zombie, just a insanely hard boss to fight.

That is indeed, very nice. Well done

1 Like

In case anyone wanted to know how I did this, I tried something similar, try pressing the Reset button and behold!

I open sourced this, go ahead and try it out !
TWEENTEST.rbxl (24.4 KB)

you can’t move after pressing the button
for some reason your legs start bending after every click :thinking:

2 Likes