A Random Halloween Game Jam

Hey Creators!

We have a stream happening on Halloween October 31st at 9am PST featuring community mastermind @MrChickenRocket: A Random Halloween Game Jam!

Together with @MintyUltra (scripting), @SCHLEEMPH (art), and @BitwiseAndrea (UI), we’ll be doing a 3 hour game jam to create a halloween themed trick-or-treating experience that’s built off a random tile map generator.

The best part? They’ll be taking chat requests on what randomized tricks (or treats!) should happen to players during gameplay!

If you’ve ever wanted to see what’s possible to create on Roblox when four pros get together and run in the same (ish) direction, this is a stream you won’t want to miss.

Register for the event and can catch us live to get your requests in. If you can’t make it, there’ll be a VOD you can watch on our YouTube Channel after the event. In the meantime, feel free to check out Roblox Chat builds an Obby, where we did something similar. Hope to see you there!

60 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

This looks so nice! Great job Roblox!

4 Likes

They’re becoming self aware witj all these random events.

9 Likes

As someone who has had the awesome privilege of doing a game jam with @MrChickenRocket before, I hope the other participants are all mentally prepared for the sheer amount of carrying that this demon from down under, this absolute Aussie ace, this savant from Straya, is going to do.

7 Likes

Way to manage reasonable expectations there Rocky…

11 Likes

Let it not be said that I’m not the greatest hype man in the world!

8 Likes

i’d solo them.

jokes aside, this seems like a funny little thing, i may drop by

3 Likes

love it when roblox does more dev-related community events.
will tune in, thanks!

3 Likes

The off brand devhunt:
The Random

3 Likes

If you like nerdy procedural generation, I’ll be using (and sharing!) a very simple Wave Function Collapse system to proc gen maps during the gamejam.

If that’s your thing, come check it out…

2 Likes