Ability for Players to Disable Purchase Prompts

As a Roblox Player, it’s quite annoying to be hit with purchase prompts at random intervals, particular from malicious scripts posting for you to purchase fake admin powers. Many games made by inexperienced developers get plagued with fake admin products like this one:

The issue is that younger developers have no idea where these bad scripts come from (often times it’s a malicious plugin) and they don’t know how to track them down. While I have posted about making it easier for developers to find these bad scripts, I think work could be done on the player side too. I’d propose that prompt purchases have a “Do Not Show Again” underneath the cancel & purchase buttons.

Once this box has been checked, any prompt purchases for this particular item should instead be sent over to the bottom right tray where friend requests are sent. In the same way that a friend request looks like:

After you hit do not show on an item it would should up in the bottom right like so:

If you hit launch prompt, you will be given the typical purchase prompt. Otherwise you can Decline, or you can do nothing and the mini-prompt will go away.

If this is to be created as a feature,

the next “way around this” will be to send a ton of different purchases to players. I can see it a now, a script that rotates through multiple products instead of spamming one. To prevent this, it’d also be nice to simply have an option in the ESC menu to send all purchases to the bottom right mini-prompt tray. I believe this is the optimal way to put this back into the player’s hands, and allow them to play games they enjoy without dealing with malicious scripts & pointless constant purchase prompts.

37 Likes