[ACS] Advanced Combat System | Roblox's #1 FPS Combat System

Hey I have it in my game and when I added into my game the default roblox cursor went to a small white dot cursor. Is there anyway to remove it and make it go back to the default roblox cursor?

1 Like

can I remove the mobile buttons?? because they are annoying

1 Like

I would just say go to the stuff’s positions and move them so far no screen will display them. Deleting them will break the system.

1 Like

Is there a way to toggle between first an third Person or a similar system that is capable of doing it? Maybe a modded version of ACS?

well it didnt but thanks for the help I got a person to remove them

1 Like

You already have your answer; sorry I could not have been of assistance.

1 Like

Why is the recoil and aiming animation tied to the FPS?
is there a way to fix this issue?

You would take the update of the viewmodel (if that is what you’re referring too, I barely read the post), and multiply that by the deltaTime that RenderStepped provides. deltaTime is used to compensate for random jumps, and you usually multiply any calculations dependent on the frames to that. I haven’t worked with viewmodels too much, but I do know this is a way of resolving that.

Wikipedia gives a relatively good explanation as to why it’s very important to use these calculations:

im not really familiar with the gun engine so do u know where to look to change it?

1 Like

Unfortunately the model appears to be content deleted, and I do not have a copy of the system. You’ll need to locate a RenderStepped event that updates the actual viewmodel arms you see in first person. Whatever calculations they’re using for bobbing, swaying, recoil, etc. Need to all be multiplied by deltaTime to compensate for lack of FPS, or too much FPS.

Usually said calculation would similar to this:

local function Update_Viewmodel(deltaTime: number)
    -- // This is just demo code and won't be what it actually looks like, but something like this
    Part.CFrame *= CFrame.new(0, 5 * deltaTime * 60, 0) -- Replace 60 with the target FPS. 60 is usually the default
end

I haven’t really worked with deltaTimes before so this could be a little incorrect, but it goes somewhat like that. I’d recommend asking someone more experienced than me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way for it to work if you have a StarterCharacter in StarterPlayer? Like this,

I’m using a Avatar and naming it StarterCharacter in StarterPlayer. You can see that I equipped the USPpistol, but nothing is showing. I am also unable to crouch or prone. I can only do the default movement, like the Roblox jump, climb, and walk. Is there any way of fixing this?