[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I can understand them making audio free because of this.

But ruining tons of games? that’s actually an awful thought.

1 Like

You can use an extension to download the audio than reupload it to Roblox. Which is what I’ve done.

That’s technically pirating, even if the audio isn’t theirs either.

This most likely will be flagged after the update as copyright infringement, even if the creator of the audio intended that use.

This lawsuit is causing roblox to take a zero tolerance policy stance on it, so don’t be surprised if all of these reuploaded audios get flagged.

yeah that is a good idea, but please state why anyone should be having to do this? when someone makes an audio public, they essentially provided the ability to all roblox players to use that audio for free regardless of what happened. they spent money to contribute some audio to roblox. not to mention the fact that this will cause a lot of audios that could be used, to go unused due to the privacy rules meaning that possibly good music that’s uncopyrighted could go without notice and slip away forever into some deep cavern. this also means that people WITHOUT the luxury of having 2k maximum audios will have to waste a lot of their time getting accounts to upload audios to a group instead of just dealing with having it public in the first place. not to mention the fact that this is technical piracy in and of itself, as they themselves, as mentioned gave you the right to use it, not to keep it and own it forever. they, the owner should have full control over their audio, not you. also, should i mention that this dismisses the entire update? this just dismisses it completely? who would’ve thought that a roblox update can be summed up as bad by explaining it

This guide gives another way to rip audio from Roblox.

1 Like

Free audio is great! And something i wanted for a long time! but… what if i wanted to upload an audio that i made myself for everybody to use? Would it have to be under 6 seconds?? If so thats just stupid. Some people when they upload music for THEYRE game they make it public for everybody to use. These audios are usually over 6 seconds… Does that mean i wont be able to use them? And not everybody wants to use generic stock music…

Im happy about the free audios and i think thats a good change! But reading all of these people’s replies is worrying…

Why? Because users are uploading audio that is not theirs to share, and sharing it to the public. This is not legal. Do you understand that?

By the way how does the upload limit work now? I know some people can only do 10 uploads a month,
But I’m able to do 2000 Uploads per month, and I haven’t verified my age for my account, I only have an email connected to my account and that’s about it

This is a real pity seeing as now I will have to reupload some sounds just to use them. Not to mention you can’t even use sounds you upload to your profile to a group you own. Very disappointing

Is there a way to have it at least 15 or 30 seconds instead of 6 seconds?

this will destroy car games in general about at least half of car games that used other players engines sounds they made for this platform, that would also save maybe about 20% or 30% of all audios used in general.

This is good and bad
The good part is now you can upload audio for free.
bad part is most games will be silent because they took there audio from the library plus games with alot of sounds will take a while to get them all in there game agin.

and also now what will happen to all the radio gamepasses and stuff?

Exactly, I have a game with 7,000 current players and it heavily relies on audio and music. I also wonder about classic games like the normal elevator.

1 Like

guess what? youtube has a system to scan VIDEOS! for copyrighted material, is there any reason why a platform of this age shouldn’t have an algorithm designed for scanning audio? no. there is not. so the fact that this is even a problem in a first place is just bad in general. also; why would roblox take their money if the audio was not theirs to own? there is a moderation team, so why can’t there be a bot as well to scan to speedup the progress

also stop trying to act condescending for no reason at all, it does not make you look smarter, it makes you look annoying. if roblox had any concern about copyright, they’d have developed their own basic algorithm back in 2018-2019. back when they were a “smaller” platform.

6 Likes

You’re joking right? That’s not going to be possible because every audio longer than 6 seconds is going to be private.

Yay more waiting after already having only 10 audios a month :smiley:

6 Likes

No, all new audio will be private, no matter the length. They stated that the ability to make an upload public will be “temporarily paused”.

So, I’m assuming at some point you will be able to share it, they haven’t released the timeline on that.

1 Like

adding to this, the fact that a twitter bot has better detection than roblox has in terms of audio detection is just :grimacing:

6 Likes

I wasn’t trying to be condescending, simply explaining why just because someone payed to upload an audio that they didn’t create doesn’t make them the owner and give them a right to share the audio to the public. These users created the problem that Roblox is having to try to fix.

Agree, would be nice if Roblox had better tech to just scan and private the songs detected by an audio ‘fingerprint’

1 Like

Yea, that’s embarrassing. especially since Roblox is a multi-billion dollar compony.