Add more website themes to the Roblox Website

Most of us right now have been using the simple white theme on the website or the dark theme for many weeks, months, or years as of today but some users are just bored and have no interest on the website with it being the same default color every day.

Having many theme choices or an ability to change the website colors could make the website more fantastic and beautiful with possible background images of some Roblox portraits and a nice and smooth gradient outline on certain pages and text that can amaze users. From my perspective, I am sick and tired of having the same theme to look at over and over again and always wanted to discover and use different varieties and colors of themes that could be added to the Roblox Website.

But we can use an extension, right? Right, but I don’t want to use an extension on Chrome to have a website theme at all as I have other extensions to download and use on different websites and when I’m working on documents and changes to other things, as we have BTRoblox and Roblox+ with themes but most of the time they don’t work as they change text or the background instead of the bars.

Anywho, there could be other topics out there but those are probably the same as this one if I recall correctly.

Some website themes that I had in mind are:

• Grey Gradient (Curiosity of the “Gradient Roblox logo”)
  • Classic Blue (Curiosity of the old Roblox website theme)
  • Red, Blue, and Green
  • Birthday/Holiday themes (User’s birthday and traditional holidays)

Most of these themes can help out people with sensitive eyes or possibly

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it can give users a large variety of themes to use and to adjust to so they can experience new themes and possibly not stick to the default “Light” and “Dark” theme that is already added to the website for many years.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Related topics that is similar to what I’m requesting?:

Topics:

[NEW-THEME] Change Colour Scheme [Navbar, Buttons, Links etc]

Ability to create and use Roblox themes without browser extensions

18 Likes

In addition, the current themes look way too bland. If they’re trying to market towards kids, then certainly kids aren’t too fond of professional, two-color themes. And even professional websites for Google, Microsoft, Facebook, etc. have some sort of accent color applied to them. Literally only the play button is anything other than gray, white, or black for both themes:

I guess ever since the logo became white so did the website, but I don’t think it needs to be like that. Some sort of accent color is required like blue, red, or green for certain places on the website. For example:

1. the topbar or a border under the topbar
  2. dropdown choices having a little rectangle at the left of each choice like the ancient times
  3. Links in game descriptions (right now they blend in with the text and you can barely distinguish them)
  4. Hover effects for topbar navigation and side navigation buttons
  5. Hover effects for games/catalog items via a colored rectangle highlighting them
  6. Search textboxes when their focused
  7. Emphasization for preferred choice i.e. “Yes” or “No”

I’m so baffled as to why they washed out all the colors. Kids love colors, and even teens and adults–they get bored very quickly with these two-color themes.

I think a cool idea would be to have a UGC section for purchasing themes, but IK it’d be hard to set up and difficult to code/maintain for developers.

In short, being the top platform for younger people to play, the theme is awfully off from their preference of playful and fun UI. Maybe the modernization grew too much in this sector. :thinking:

7 Likes

I totally agree with you, if you want to market kids to play games that are imaginational and colorful you should have some colors that aren’t too bland for the audience which I find an issue on the website.

Everyone loves colors! Having a dark and black mood color on the website or the white screen that can hurt your eyes isn’t suitable for kids at a young age as they can damage your eyes or make it so that it looks boring and bland.

Anyway, your details and explanations is something that I support. :3

7 Likes