Ability to create and use Roblox themes without browser extensions

As someone who has played roblox for 5 years, I feel roblox has lacked website features
I mean, UGC is great and all, but things like UGC only happen every so often.

My issue with Roblox for ages is, the website seems pretty plain and boring. I mean, You have two options for themes. Dark or light. Some people can’t choose which they like. Some people like both. Others like neither. I know this is a cosmetic and won’t really change anything at all, but it would help some people.

Yes, there are browser extensions which you can use to select and make custom themes, but those extensions aren’t made specifically for Roblox, only the themes are.

The Roblox community is very creative and if this was a feature, It would literally change Roblox forever.
It would also do things like:

• Give a mobile player a chance at being a developer.

• Artists can be more well known in the Roblox community.

• It would be a good impression on Roblox’s behalf.

• Most people would also LOVE this (Right?).

I mean, imagine going onto the catalog and seeing a, “Themes,” tab for the first time. You would probably be really excited, right?

IF this was actually a feature, This would literally help me so much, I am getting sick and tired of literally two options for website themes. And i don’t trust extensions that can change website themes. They have full access to not just Roblox, but literally any site that allows the extension.

This thought has been lurking around in my head for too long. It’s time i suggest this.

Similar features have been requested a few times before, a very long time ago.

14 Likes

I feel less strongly about this than I did 5 years ago! However, I would love to see functionality similar to Twitter, where you can choose a basic accent colour.

7 Likes

Although the current website has a dark/light mode, that is as far as customization goes without installing third-party applications to further customize the website. A cool feature to extend this limited selection is a favorite color theme. Basically, a user can pick their favorite color, then most outlines, icons, and indicators will be filled in with their color. Also, this color can be set on the user’s profile page as an outline around their profile picture that will be shown publicly. This will make the website look more appealing and attractive to the user.

Let me know your thoughts on this feature, as well as if you like it or dislike it. Thanks for reading! :+1:

2 Likes

That’s pretty chill B)
Anyways, That would be pretty cool. i can get used to using that

4 Likes

Mega bump. I was just going to make a request for this.

Being stuck with two options isn’t ideal. With the new studio UI being more customizable and the revamp of the body color selection, I think something like this should be looked into for the overall site.

As of now, it just looks unappealing and dry since it’s just black and white.

3 Likes