Adding Humanoid to custom rig messes up textures

Hello!
I am making a custom rig for my game but I am having some problems with texturing it.
Keep in mind that I don’t have a lot of experience with custom characters and rigging or texturing.

I imported all my parts for my character to roblox and textured them. Each body part is a different mesh part with its own texture uploaded as a decal and added to the texture ID of the mesh part. The textures are made by smart UV unwrapping in blender and baking materials.
Everything looked fine on the none rigged version (the character on the left in video/picture below) and the result was how I wanted it to be.
After rigging it everything was still fine but when I added a Humanoid to it, some of the textures got messed up (the character on the right in the video/picture).
Every time I take out the humanoid the textures are fine again, as demonstrated in the video.

I couldn’t find any similar issues on the forum, this might be a beginner mistake or maybe the way I worked was incorrect, but I cant figure out how to solve this problem. Does anyone know what the reason is that this happens and how I can prevent it?

Thanks in advance, have a nice day!

2 Likes

This is because humanoids carry their own skin color with them which messes up things.

This has been addressed as a bug previous to you posting:
Previous post on your issue I’m sure
Bug report

You may want to look into maybe having 3D elements instead, but beyond this I cannot help you as I believe this is a bug or unsolved behaviour due to how humanoids operate (I believe they have implied skintone which overrides meshparts with character part names).

Can I ask, if you rename the part of the rig to things like Head → Head2, does the issue still occur?

I renamed all the part and that did fix the texture issue actually, but now the character is unusable when I use it as the starter character. The body parts don’t move anymore

I wasn’t expecting it to be usable unfortunately, I was just seeing if the humanoid had default behaviors.

Which, through demonstration obviously humanoids do. The reason the parts wont move anymore is in relation to the fact your animations provided are expecting “Head”, “LeftUpperArm” etc as the parts to animate. As such if you make new animations in the style of the old ones it should resolve your issue.

I was hoping to be able to use the standard animations, but maybe it’s better to make my own, especially if that solves the problem. I will do it like that, thank you!

Indeed, its a shame that you can’t use the default animations.

Unfortunately I can’t tell if this is a bug or intended behavior from Roblox itself.