Advanced impact frames

Hello guys, I need some help in understanding and creating the impact frames effects. I can’t find a good tutorial on how to do them and every people that know how to do them, don’t respond to me. I think this effect is very important because it gives weigh to everything so I HAVE and WANT to learn how to replicate this effects:

1. What do i want to achieve?
    I want to create the impact frames effect like in the videos I put down. With the characters and effects going black and white(not only characters)

2. What is the issue?
    I can’t find a tutorial on how to do them so I’m asking if anyone can help me

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I found people saying to use color correction and highlights but this only works for the character and not the effects.

This is the effects I wanna archive if anyone can help me:

10 Likes

If you slow down the video you can see and guess what they’re using:

First video and Second Video both use speedline particles, then they move on to black color correction, add a white highlight to the player and then even more particles.

I’ll try to recreate it to show you what I mean.

2 Likes

As u can see from the video, when I enable the color correction the effects stop showing off. The only thing u can see is the highlight on the char. I tried to make the highlight occluded too so if the particles are in front of the highlight then we should see the effect but it didn’t work.

I saw a guy on Twitter that I think he managed to create a negative effect but I don’t know how to do it. Another dude said he used viewport frames but that seemed it may cause much lag.

These videos I showed up seems to use color correction but I can find out how they managed to show the effects on top of the highlight

5 Likes

And Voila, experiment as much as you like :>

7 Likes

Could you repost? The video is gone.

2 Likes

second this, id also like to see the video

1 Like

pls repost, i wanna see as well :((

any updates on this?

also found a post showing a tutorial how to achieve negative colors: Inverting Colors!