All union's CollisionFidelity set to Default on client regardless of real value

Repro: Start a new file, union two parts together then set the CollisionFidelity to Box. Press F7, the server window thinks the union is still set to Box, but the client thinks it’s been set to Default.

I can only assume this occurs in-game also, I can’t actually test that because I can’t retrieve CollisionFidelity’s value.

Same thing. Still a problem. @Silent137

Hm… That’s rather annoying. I’ve upped the priority of this issue accordingly.

2 Likes

Can you guys verify this for me? When this happens, it’s purely visual, right? For example, if you go to File->Settings->Physics->ShowDecompositionGeometry you shouldn’t see the default decomposition geometry. You might see nothing, because if the CollisionFidelity is set to Default, it tries to find the Decomposition information, but there is none so it renders nothing.

Basically, it seems like the this is a property Display problem, rather than “My CSG’s are reverting to be performance heavy”. This may have some weird repercussions if you can get this to happen in a state where you can actually save the level from, but otherwise it’s a visual bug rather than behavior bug.

Regardless, we’ll take a look at this.

You might be right, I ran a test and the client treated it correctly despite what it thought the property said.