Allow Everyone to Download Monthly Game Stats Data

You’re unable to download Excel spreadsheets of monthly game stats data if you aren’t in the top 10,000 games based on gameplay time.

This is how they prevent you from doing so.

ExcelGif

This is the dropdown for downloading my monthly revenue stats data, and what the dropdown should look like:

Screenshot here

Every user should have the ability to download their monthly game stats without having to make it popular. Furthermore, every user has the ability to download their monthly revenue stats, so why not their monthly game stats? I want a spreadsheet of these stats even if I’m not in the top 10,000 games based on gameplay time.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d have the ability to obtain a spreadsheet of my monthly game stats data without having to make my game into the top 10k.

40 Likes

Monthly revenue data: We use this feature on our top game, and it gives us a lot of helpful information as it tells us about all purchases made in our game (we have a few third-party transactions). Everyone should have access to this, if they can’t already.

Monthly Game Stats: This one is REALLY helpful, it generates a lot of helpful graphs

(graphs are really hard to blur so i just cropped them out; it gives data like MAU, DAU, DAU/MAU ratio in comparison to other top Roblox, lots of handy retention data, as well as monetization data like ARPU/ARPPU)

This is where things get tricky. Even with limited users, it took a good few minutes to generate this chart. This could cause big issues for Roblox’s load if given access to everyone. Access to this data is also limited, you have to wait a few months before you can actually view the data:

Giving everyone access to monthly game stats data could be damaging to it’s helpfulness as servers might not be able to handle the load of thousands or hundreds of thousands of developers trying to generate these huge excel files.

8 Likes

If access to all users is not feasible? Would it be better to

• A) Use the global studio beta program?
  • B) Use the DevForum beta program?
  • C) Use an entry based beta program? (Such as Script Version History)

0 voters

Either in adding to the current pool or purely based on such entry?

3 Likes

As smaller developer on Roblox, I am unable to use statistics data to improve my games.

Access to exporting this data will give me way more insights in various important data that I can use to improve my games. Please make this available for everyone. To prevent server load, a queue system can be used.
To prevent developers managing top games from having to wait in this queue, they will be prioritized and put in front.

Please consider this, so I can make my small games better so they can get a larger player base.

12 Likes