Allow members to access lounge

Currently, a lot of members are posting off-topic and non-development related posts in the #development-discussion category, which causes flood and encourages others to also shitpost.

If lounge was open, members would most likely stop flooding #development-discussion with off-topic posts.

Thank you

10 Likes

The Lounge isn’t a dump either. Just because #development-discussion is in a bad state does not mean all that low quality gets rerouted to another category. If they do get access to Off-Topic and post like they are doing in Dev Discussion, it will be difficult to call this the Developer Forum. This idea has been brought up many times, with the same, permanent response: no.

8 Likes

I’m not saying it’s a dump, I’m saying that development discussion is fulled with off-topic posts, which would fit in lounge.

Sure, then everybody would come to the Developer Forum and use it as a public forum, and ruin the whole purpose of the Developer Forum.
Just use Discord or other communication sites to chat, instead of opening #lounge.

9 Likes

It would pretty much remove the forum’s purpose. There is an unofficial Roblox forum somewhere (the fact that it’s unofficial may kind of influence this) and everything is open to the public. People are spamming things like “what did you guys have for lunch today” or “what should I do when im bored”.

If #lounge was opened to members, it would also become this sort of “#spam” category. The mindset behind the lounge, back when PA still existed, was that you have to earn it somehow. You had to be active in the actual development section in order to chat about other topics.

Since PA is no more, you can’t become a regular anymore and therefore can’t earn it. You have to do virtually nothing to become a member, and allowing this would basically make the #lounge category public.

2 Likes

The solution to rule breaking material is not to allow it to be posted; it’s to actually enforce the rules, like we’re doing now. This would set a poor precedent. Also, the lounge category has no place on a development-related forum. It should be removed, not made accessible to more users.

30 Likes

No, Lounge should just be deleted. It’s not relevant to development. Users can use Discord servers and other social media for casual talk.

13 Likes

No, besides once the regular promotions are back, I think roblox will lock #development-discussion.

What is/was the point of lounge? People can just use Discord

1 Like

Lounge should not be removed as you’d be deleting topics which may come into relevance later, no matter if they’re development related or not. You’d be deleting tons of archives of information, something I am 100% against. I almost never delete anything for future reference and for sentimentality’s sake, from photos to messages on Discord. Please, never delete any categories ever…

4 Likes

You can have the casual conversations on a Discord server you own instead so the information is entirely in your control. Roblox shouldn’t be keeping off-topic categories around for the sake of sentimentality – only a very small percentage of the forum uses Lounge and it’s not useful at all to most forum users.

I recommend keeping a copy of any old threads in Lounge you somehow can’t bear to lose if you haven’t yet and then moving any casual conversation not related to development to another platform.

9 Likes

Lounge is a category for stuff that doesn’t belong on the development forum (just general chatting).

2 Likes

Some people don’t have discord
:rage:

6 Likes

There are other places like Twitter. But you should have Discord anyway, it makes your life 10x easier. The devforum is 13+ anyway like Discord so you should be able to use it

3 Likes

I made a topic about that, but go on.

1 Like

I only said Discord as that’s one of the best platforms to use for communication. The Developer Forum isn’t supposed to be used like social media. Instead, it should be used as a huge developer resource for people to learn, get help, and to share what they’ve made

2 Likes

whats the use of that? the world seemed so simple before this moment -D.W

2 Likes

I don’t think this is a good idea. Even a member doesn’t agree.

2 Likes

The lounge is just this place where only regulars can go where they can talk about off-topic things. I am not a regular so I have never seen the lounge but I have heard that is is extremely inactive.

1 Like

but you have been here for a long time

They got rid of post approval, so I cannot become a regular until they get post approval working. I probably would be a regular by now since I an extremely active on the DevForum, but there is currently no way to become a regular.

1 Like