Allow members to access lounge

Keep lounge, Make it so members can go in lounge to avoid the spam of
“Among us sus” “imposter amogus? *blush” and so on.

2 Likes

Or you know fall back to the objectively correct solution and redirect them to community discord servers the forum already promotes, also all this does is redirect the spam but it still exists on the forum. It may also incentivize non-developers to join, there was literally a topic that gained so much attention regarding the broad target audience of the forum, this worsens things.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I’m going to be honest, what you said was a bit rude, and people do know what they say by common sense, justification for lounge to be opened just because “they don’t have Discord” is still not an excuse, there’s still numerous communication platforms out there, and proposing to open lounge, is like saying break up a beehive instead of using other ways to obtain honey.

1 Like

But not everyone has Discord.

3 Likes

Will you please read my statement and use common sense?

You can communicate on other social platform, opening up lounge would make the Developer look like a public forum rather than a Developer Forum. Please use common sense.

1 Like

This doesn’t sound like a good argument. They should get discord, there is literally no reason to not have it in 2021.

1 Like

No need for this, the Dev Forum just needs a new Membership system or reopen the Regular rank

1 Like

I have parents that won’t allow me to use Discord.

2 Likes

It’s still not an excuse to use the Developer Forum as a communication site when it’s meant for development related topics and activities, #lounge is the complete opposite of those and is better removed.

If your parents won’t allow you to use Discord you could use Roblox chat, Instagram, Messenger, etc. to be able to communicate #lounge isn’t necessary at all means. However, I’m speculating you must be younger than 13+ for your parents to not trust you with such a communication app.

1 Like

If you cannot use Discord because your parents don’t allow it, then show them these:

2 Likes

umm is lounge shutdown or can i just not access it?
im a member

My parent(s) witnessed some extreme drama with Discord in school. So none of those options will work… Some kids were talking about something bad and got in huge trouble.

1 Like

Lounge is restricted to Regulars, which is why you can’t access it

3 Likes

ok thx i figured but since i haven’t seen any activity here i didn’t now if it got canceled/taken down. i cant wait to become a regular

@jumpcats1234 stated that it won’t work out as her parents witnessed some discord drama where some kids got in massive trouble by talking about something bad

how does it make your like 10x easier? It’s banned in my country, and if I use a VPN, I would get logged out of roblox because of the cookie change

1 Like

I really feel like this post should be brought up once again, with the rise of off-topic posts, I believe the lounge would be a perfect addition, as there hasn’t been an official talking space for developers of any topics to have a misc conversation.

1 Like

I do believe the matter has changed quite a lot since this post was initially made; if you are wanting to communicate with other developers there are platforms such as Discord or Guilded or potentially even Twitter to communicate on for off-topic or non-development related discussions, simply for developers to connect and talk with each other. There is an official Guilded for Roblox Developers maintained by Roblox which you can join and interact with other developers on.

Discord and Guilded have both existed since before this post was made, Roblox bought Guilded only a few months after this post, but this post still stands especially now that the Regular role is slowly being phased out (at least, functionality from it is being opened up now through assorted means)

Currently, to my knowledge at least, the lounge category is really the only thing still locked behind regular (technically unrestricted feature requests is there too, but I believe even that’s slowly opening up alongside the new bug reporting group being a thing)

There’s a huge demand for it, especially with a lot of the posts in #development-discussion clearly not even relating to development (or even Roblox at all in some cases), so it’s hopefully only a matter of time before lounge gets opened up.

1 Like

Even with Lounge being locked behind Regular, it still doesn’t seem to have active use and most Regulars are either using Discord or Guilded for such discussions that would remain in Lounge, as a whole I wouldn’t really say there is any need for such a category when you have existing alternatives for all developers to use which are easier to use than something like the Lounge category.

It doesn’t have active use because there’s barely any regulars - most of them have either quit using the devforum or deliberately tried to get their devforum account banned.

Additionally, aside from Discord and Guilded being bad and worse, lots of people don’t have Discord, let alone Guilded. We’re already on Roblox, why should we need to go offsite to communicate?