Allow xbox users to create, join private servers

As a roblox user who plays on xbox daily, i found out that it is impossible to create vip servers, and almost impossible to join vip servers.

If Roblox allowed us to create and join vip servers in a separate window it’d save everyone a lot of time.

Currently the only workaround to join vip servers is to make an alt account and join from your main. However this only works for your vip server.

If this feature is added, we could join our friends vip servers without them needing to join and it’d improve my overall experience on xbox.

129 Likes

While I don’t play on Xbox, this would also prove to be beneficial for developers, since the ability to create private servers on Xbox would be another source of income for them. Support

47 Likes

Making joining private servers on Xbox easier is beneficial not only for making more money but also for testing. As a developer, easier testing of private servers would also be a plus. Another support from me!

(They’re called private servers now, Dibbly!)

35 Likes

I’m the PM working on Xbox, and just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback. Ill try to get through these threads one by one so that everyone gets the benefit of my answers, but from a big picture perspective, we are really looking into investing in improving Xbox this year, both from a performance and a usability perspective.

With regards to Private Servers: We are aware this is a huge user need. Currently we are limited in that server creation is a web page flow (which arent supported on Xbox). We are looking for solutions for this, though it is likely a ways out.

18 Likes

Hi, is there any update on this? Ever since Roblox became available on PlayStation, I’ve seen a huge increase in the number of console players to the point where they are consistently the largest platform for my game. However, the co-op feature I have is built around private servers, which console players cannot purchase, and this locks them out of the ability to create a custom lobby with their friends.

1 Like

One way to get around this is to join our private server on an alt using a seperate device, and join the alt on Xbox/Playstation. Expecting your players to do this every time shouldn’t have to happen, and we should get an official solution sometime soon (2024 roadmap?)

2 Likes

With migration to the universal app on Xbox, private servers still don’t seem to be working. Is this intentional, or is this something to do with platform compliance?

4 Likes

Bump
Can’t believe Meta Quest was given this permission and it came out after XBOX.

7 Likes