Alt + Enter with the "HandleAltEnterFullscreenManually" Flag False no longer provides True Fullscreen

Edit: As stated below, this is intended behavior, please see the feature request instead

Reproduction Steps

In the latest version of Roblox (version-0beb053becad47aa),
Go to / create the ClientAppSettings.json and set "FFlagHandleAltEnterFullscreenManually":"False"
Then play any game and press Alt + Enter

System Information:
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz,
RAM: 16 GB,
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series

Expected Behavior

In prior version of Roblox, you would be True Fullscreen. (Not to be confused with Borderless Fullscreen)

Similar to other games like Minecraft, Fullscreen would set the application to take up the whole screen, lock your cursor to the application, FPS, reduce input latency, and improve video recordings. This Fullscreen mode was important for people playing competitive games where a slight inaccuracies could be the determiner between success and defeat. In addition, it also provided great advantages for recording videos.

Actual Behavior

Currently Alt + Enter enters you into Borderless Fullscreen
The same thing if you were to do F11, or toggle Fullscreen in the ESC menu

This does not lock your cursor, does not improve FPS / recordings, and --for people who’ve played with Fullscreen-- has noticeable input delay compared to actual Fullscreen.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-10-05 00:10:00 (-04:00)

27 Likes

Hi, this flag was removed from the code. There isn’t any expected behavior for manually changing FFlags. You might prefer making a feature request for your use case instead.

9 Likes

This actually sucks quite a bit. Not having any way to toggle exclusive fullscreen at all, I pretty quickly noticed a lot of microstutter at higher framerates with FPS unlocker. I’m fairly sure that even with FPS unlocker enabled in-game, V-Sync is still enabled which can cause microstuttering with even the smallest drop in framerate, and toggling exclusive fullscreen disabled it. Alt-Enter was really nice to have as long as you changed the FFlag.

Please do make a feature request for this. At the very least, having an option to toggle off V-Sync would be great. Better yet, it’d be awesome to finally get an option for Exclusive Fullscreen from inside the client. I know there’s a lot of people who would really appreciate reduced input lag in games like Flood Escape 2 and other games that require good timing and precision.

19 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.