Our vision for analytics is to empower every creator to take action to grow their experience. Today, we’re launching two new updates that push us towards that goal:
- Similar experience benchmarks
- Analytics access for all 10+ daily active user experiences
Your input is a crucial part of achieving that goal. If you’re interested in giving feedback on our upcoming analytics products, please fill out this quick form and we’ll get back to you.
Let’s dive into this update.
Similar experience benchmarks
In October, we launched the ability to benchmark your metrics against experiences overall on Roblox. Today, we’re updating these benchmarks to show how your metrics compare with similar experiences (e.g., genre).
How do similar experience benchmarks work?
When you visit an analytics page, you’ll now see similar experience benchmarks in the 50th - 90th percentile range for per user metrics.
For example, for day 1 retention, the 50th to 90th percentile range for similar experiences might be 12.4% - 24.1%. This means that:
- 50% of the similar experiences have a day 1 retention of 12.4% or lower.
- 10% of similar experiences have a day 1 retention of 24.1% or higher.
Similar experience benchmarks are based on our internal genre data (used in our home and discovery pages) and other metrics. These genres include Obby/Platform, RPG, Fighting, Survival/Horror, and more.
Which metrics have similar experience benchmarks?
We show similar experience benchmarks for per user metrics including:
- Retention: D1, D7, and D30 retention
- Engagement: Average session time
- Monetization: Payer conversion rate, ARPPU, ARPDAU
For other metrics (e.g., daily active users) we still show the closest top experience benchmark:
Analytics access for 10+ daily active user experiences
All experiences with 10+ daily active users over the past 7 days now have analytics access (we don’t remove access once granted). We hope to expand access to all experiences by the end of this month.
- Visit your creator dashboard.
- Select one of your experiences.
- In the left nav, select an analytics page (e.g., Overview, Retention, Monetization).
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this update.