Animation Editor has moved out of Beta again

Well, it’s a different model than what I used before. How would I send it?

PM will work if you are comfortable with that.

I don’t know the correct terminology on this so forgive me:

In the old editor there were little padlocks next to each part of the rig that was being animated. When you clicked it, that part basically wouldn’t be affected by the animation, so that if you were running another animation underneath, the animation running at a lower priority would move the part that was locked, but the parts that were NOT locked would still animate with the higher priority animation.

Is there an equivalent for this with the new editor? I know that now you can remove parts from the editor or whatever, but it doesn’t work the same. Instead of that part being affected by lower-priority animations, it seems to not be animated at all. I’m a little confused.

EDIT:
Nevermind I guess. Idk what happened but it’s working now so yeah

Is there any way to change the animation length like the older version?

It seems to be stuck at the default 1 second, I cannot lower it any further:

I’m getting an error today that I was not getting Tuesday, same rig and same place. I insert a Tool containing a model with the parts to animate the tool, and that model has multiple items in it named “Union”, “MeshPart”, or “Part”. I have a Motor6d inside one of the parts that does have a unique name, “Main”. When I attempted to access the rig today, it errored saying something along the lines of “Multiple parts with the same name detected”. None of these parts contain a Motor6d save for the Main part, the rest were just welded to the main. Is this intended behavior?

I’ll look into it. For sure parts connected to motors must be uniquely named. In the meantime the only work around this is to make sure each of those parts in your tool also have unique names.

1 Like

I did go through and run a quick loop to change all of the names, I just didn’t think parts not directly attached to a motor also had to have names changed. Appreciate you looking into it!

Found a new bug.

For some strange reason, i cant even touch R15 rigs with the editor now?

This problem is very new and hasn’t happened last time i posted here…any chance this will be fixed soon?

I was helping someone else pose avatars, but the same problem is happening for him aswell…this problem may be happening to everyone…

Are there multiple parts in your rig that share the same name?

Strangely no…

thing13

It’s possible there may be parts as children of those accessories that contain the same name. This issue was reported above as well, it is being looked into. In the meantime, check those accessories and make sure the parts under them are uniquely named

Yep, nothing weird in the accessories either…

I’m not the only developer having issues with R15 right now so…it’s possible that this is a new bug…

Yeah, each part under each accessory named “Handle” is probably the culprit. Try just renaming as “Handle1”, “Handle2”, “Handle3”, etc. and see if that works for you

Yep, it works now.

Still odd that it didnt do this back when i made my first post here…probably something you should look at tbh.

Yes, it is one of the higher priority issues being looked at, at the moment.

Okay, I now have a fix for this that should be coming in the next week or two. Please be aware, animatable parts that are connected by motors are still required to be uniquely named. This fix should address the issue with duplicate names for random unconnected parts in your rig/tools/accessories.

Edit: @orangewarrior78 FYI

5 Likes

Thanks so much for being on top of this!

Meanwhile, would it be possible to revert the version? I’m having the same issue with parts naming. It’s even more confusing now and all parts don’t appear on the list by default, which makes it hard for 100+ parts rigs.
It took me a while to understand the new editor and now it changed again. :confused:

Really glad that you’re aware of this issue LOL. I have commissions and this bug is really making life harder than it has to be.

Hopefully this get’s fixed within the next week or so!

Yeah I know! I never had this issue before I hope this is fixed.