Animation Editor is broken

The animation editor has been broken for me since the last update a few hours ago. This error appears when I try to select a rig to start animating. https://gyazo.com/75039806b8b570ca5ec1470a4de1dfb8 My teammate is also having this issue.

15 Likes

Having the same problem as well starting recently.

2 Likes

I was actually starting a bug report thread and then you posted this.

This is indeed happening for most of us and shouldn’t be overlooked. The main issue is the “AssetID” Error, which is causing the connection to the animation to break somehow in between, causing the GUI to stop responding.

Until we can get this noticable it will remain unfixed. That is unless they have already seen it and ARE fixing it, in which case there shouldn’t be need to worry.

2 Likes

Was so excited to work on my game and then this happened, good to know that it wasn’t just happening to me.

2 Likes

Oh this happened for everyone?
I assumed it had something to do with one of my models and wrote this long post.

OOF

pls fix kthx

1 Like

Can confirm, I’s very annoying. I made a post about it happened to me too, but it wasnt acepted. :sob:

1 Like

This is indeed really annoying, I make alot of animations for a game i’m making, now I’m unable to due to this problem. Atleast I wasn’t the only one to experience this, though.

1 Like

For now you could try to use the Moon Animation Suite plugin, I find it better than the default animation editor anyway

2 Likes

FYI this affects even my custom animation editor, I don’t think its the plugin itself thats the issue but rather something not connecting correctly.

1 Like

I’m getting the same error when I try to load animations to the Humanoid. Just started today. I’m using Moon Animation Suite.

It seems this is a bigger issue with preloading animation assets in general.

…and not just specific to the animation editor. We are currently at work tracking it down. I did just verify that the Beta editor is in a working state and is able to import/export animations

2 Likes

We just updated a setting which should restore the animation editor’s functionality, we are still confirming weather it fixes the issues with PreloadAsync as well.