Animation Engine - Runtime Changes and Fixes

It literally was, there was no reason for it to be removed.

5 Likes

PLEASE bring back the option to enable or disable this. at least let the option be a property of the animation track or something instead of the workspace

6 Likes

Why? Just why?

Here’s the thing. The initial release of this update was not the most useful in itself. The option to opt out was essential for so many developers because their games hadn’t been designed to be run in such a ridiculous way and the help given to support these changes from what I can see has been little to none. The fact that the option to opt out has now been removed is downright irresponsible and has ultimately ruined the animation experience for hundreds if not thousands of games. I believe that this entire update has not been given the thought or time required to effectively implement a new system. It is clear that I am not the only person who finds this update a downright disappointment. By simply scrolling through this thread, I see negative comment after negative comment. This is truly a major let down Roblox. I sincerely hope that you fix this issue by reverting to at least the previous opt out system.

16 Likes

This update really screwed over the majority of the animations on my game, but also on other people’s games too.

Well, it is upsetting that we have to manually update A LOT of animations out of nowhere which could also ruin most games out there.
While I can see the animation engine needing changes and fixes, you should also think of an option or property that could deactivate the blending which could mess up the way the animations are intended to play out.

Please Roblox, add an option similar to AnimationWeightedBlendFix so we can efficiently deal with the problem too (or revert the update)

10 Likes

My animations are broken, literally using the core animation script with no modifications… How is this in an acceptable state to push out to everyone? How much legacy content is this neglecting? It’s not even obvious what I’m supposed to do to make it stop inverting my elbows, I reuploaded the animations with updated priorities, and it’s still mangling my rig lol

edit: after reading more of the thread, I see now that the issue I’m facing is because I’m manipulating the Motor6D objects in code. I think it’s safe to say that we are collectively demanding the update be reverted until the issue with Motor6D manipulation is addressed, if not permanently reverted. Too many things are being afflicted by this change, it is breaking in most projects with complex animations.

We didn’t get ample notice and there hasn’t been ample communication since the full roll-out. Please seriously consider reverting this update until our concerns are addressed.

another edit: I can’t even roll this update back to make progress on my project, all versions are fruity :skull: can we please get some communication @DevRelationsTeam

When I crouch walk, which is literally the core animation script with just changed animations, my legs go through my chest. Not happening in the animation editor preview. My arms aren’t supposed to contort inwards. This update is not complete, it needs to be rolled back.

4 Likes

It’d be nice if there were an easier fix to this or if we were given back the AnimationWeightedBlendFix property. A lot of our games have broken animations and the solutions provided are time consuming. It’s really not worth the time IMO and old games are likely to suffer from this the most if its developer(s) discontinued work and moved on…

tl;dr update bad for most of us please let us opt-out or provide easier/better solutions

8 Likes

For now, this seems like it is the only solution to the diarrhea that this update caused.

We can add a boolean attribute to workspace named RbxLegacyAnimationBlending and it will let us have the old functionality, at least for the time being

10 Likes

Even with that, my whole game is broken because I rely on this body movement script I found for tools and the like. The fix doesn’t account for scripts, so its like if the fix wasn’t even there. It’s almost a joke on how smooth brained ROBLOX is with big decisions.

I seriously don’t know why so many people are complaining. Yeah sure, issues with the new engine are expected to be criticized, but people asking for the enabled / disabled feature back are not right at all. They SHOULD’VE fixed the issue when the property was turned on by default, instead of disabling it and not caring at all. They say it’s time consuming but over 6 MONTHS is plenty of time to fix it.

2 Likes

Roblox themselves have said the animation system has been broken and in desperate need of fix, yet the animation system has been the same for years, that to me shows just how urgent this ‘fix’ is. Roblox have had years to solve the ‘problems’ which most people probably hadn’t noticed, yet developers get six months. There was no need to get rid of the option to disable it in the first place, most developers were more than satisfied with their current animations and all this update has done has made everything unnecessarily worse. Also if you could point out to me WHERE ROBLOX themselves have actually shown us exactly how to fix this issue I would be grateful because as far as I’m aware ROBLOX have done nothing to actually help anyone with this issue and haven’t thought about the ramifications of this update. So you can agree all you want, but you haven’t given any points actually worth anything in my eyes.

2 Likes

Roblox has actually tried to help, and to be honest it wasn’t 6 months, I just checked and it had been OVER 9 months, so if that was not enough, I don’t know what is. Yeah sure, Roblox made it worse and now you gotta do all of these animation systems but if you couldn’t do it in 9 months the fault is on you for not trying. I took a week to find a fix to my problem, and priorities can sometimes help but aren’t reliable.

1 Like

The problem isn’t the “Fix” It’s the fact they Blend at all, Animations should never Blend together, it makes no sense as to why they should, It looks unnatural as hell.

Why do these updates roll out untested? This broke quite literally everybody’s animations twice so far. :neutral_face:

It’s still their wanted behavior, and AllYourBlox has tried to provide solutions such as weight and priorities. If that doesn’t help you, you can try stopping all animations before playing another one or something. I agree that they shouldn’t blend even if it’s wanted behavior, but if Roblox is forcing this we need to get used to it.

1 Like

As i’m informed this update rolled out all tested, 1st and 2nd phase were just for testing and find bugs to fix before phase 3. This didn’t “break” the animations it just updated the behavior of them causing them to blend. Developers already got warned before forcing it and they should’ve fixed it and changed it so it can stay in the current animation engine. I fixed this during phase 2, and didn’t have any trouble when swapping to phase 3, so it was all tested and it’s fine now, the developers not caring and just coming out here to complain when they had 9 months to fix it is their problem.

3 Likes

I did not create all these animations I use, but rather some friends of mine. They do not have the source of the animations anymore. So now there is physically no way to fix this horrible issue. Not every developer checks this forum or reads updates with the very small notification icon in studio either. This should not be an issue what so ever, animations were perfectly fine before, no blending needed.

1 Like

I’m sure you can still get the animations with moon animator. You can import it via the ID, as long as they didn’t lose the account / group that published it.

Is there no fix for this???

animation priority doesn’t work?!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.