Animation Engine - Runtime Changes and Fixes

Dude… why are you calling LoadAnimation 800 times?

But in exchange, ROBLOX deleted the WESTERN map. Hopefully it will be restored in the near future.

1 Like

I also sorely missed The Western map terrain.
I am busy with a Western Game… and would really help getting it.

It would have been a PLACE of several in it’s 1st release.
If anyone has a COPY - please share. :pray:
Much Appreciated.

1 Like

Bug report: Blending happens for animations of different priorities too, i.e. an animation with a higher priority is not overriding an animation with a lower priority.

If you look at the video below, you’ll see that the animation is the only one with an Action priority. Yet it’s pointing the gun to the side. Disabling the AnimationWeightedBlendFix makes the gun straight forward as it should.

This started happening today, the AnimationWeightedBlendFix property has been always been on default.

I’m having a similar issue to this. It seems the weight blending issue is affected for me by other factors.

Note that this the the same animation with a weight of 1. However, sometimes it looks like the first pic and sometimes it looks like the second pic. I don’t know specifically what causes.

I’m having an issue similar to yours. My looped sword holding animation is blending with an animation of higher priority and is being altered whenever the sword is swung.

I really hope this is a bug and not a feature lol.

Is your animation’s priority changed on publishing or on code? I once tried changing the priority via code (including server scripts) and it didn’t replicate. Maybe it’s that.

1 Like

My animation’s priority isn’t changed via code, I know it’s definitely not that.

1 Like

I have found out more info regarding this bug.

It only happens for non-default packages. As you can see in the video below, the same animation looks different depending on character/rig used.

The first one is the default R15 block rig, and here the animation looks the same as it does in the Animation Editor.

For the other two rigs, the arms are either pointing too much downwards or to the side, different from how it looks in the Animator Editor.

This is the same animation and yet it looks different depending on which character/rig is used. Once again, this only happens with “AnimationWeightedBlendFix” which is weird since this doesn’t seem to have anything to do with priority. It happens even if the default Animate script is removed and the animation in question is the only one being played.

2 Likes

I have found a bug in this new animation system, I already sent a report to @Bug-Support but I’m duplicating it here to ensure that it’s seen:

(Disabling AnimationWeightedBlendFix is a workaround for now.)

(See below for the Roblox scene file which demonstrates this issue).

Issue: newly uploaded animations do not update joint transforms correctly if I manually modify some other joint Motor6D C0 property. Animations which were uploaded many months ago work 100% fine, which is the strange part.

For example: if I manually rotate the UpperTorso (Waist) Motor6D using the C0 property then the upper arm animation (shoulder) rotation will not work correctly as it won’t follow the torso’s rotation which I modified using the C0 property. Instead it acts as if the C0 property was not modified.

Multiple old uploaded animations work fine for my character, but if I download this old animation and re-upload it as a new one it breaks. So using the 100% the same animation and reuploading it breaks it.

It is as if something changed some time ago that causes the new animations to be uploaded with different data which incorrect child-parent transform computation if I manually modify the Motor60 C0 property.

I dumped the keyframe sequences and even saved the animations to rbxlx files to compare them and they are the same, yet the in-game result is different.

This is why I assume it has something to do with the internal Animator or how roblox post-processes animations after uploading them.

This Roblox Scene demonstrates this and contains the comparision + instructions.

See the AnimScript file under StarterCharacterAnimations.

anim_bug.rbxl (59.6 KB)

3 Likes

fighting games. I’m loading animations 137 times on my really unfinished fighting game…

1 Like

title: “We broke all animations in roblox. We killed developer’s talent.”

3 Likes

Over half a year with this issue, yet some people here are still complaining instead of fixing it. 6 months is PLENTY ENOUGH TIME to have fixed it. One way or another, you can find a solution.

3 Likes

Another issue has randomly popped up. Arms are bending at odd angles and the issue seems to be linked to some of my other animations playing weirdly.

Expected behavior (AnimationWeightedBlendFix disabled)

Issue (AnimationWeightedBlendFix enabled)

Exact same issue from another person in this post, and a Developer Relations person said it was fixed 10 days ago:

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this as well. Have you found a fix for this, other than disabling AnimationWeightedBlendFix? I’m fairly sure the property will be force-enabled in the near future, so if this isn’t a bug, I’d love to find a way around this.

Here’s what my walk animation should look like (don’t mind my avatar):

And here’s what the walk animation looks like after manually altering the C0 of the waist and neck Motor6Ds:

As you can see, the character’s arms are bending sideways, as if ignoring the C0 transformations.

2 Likes

No, no solution.

That being said: if I understood some Roblox dev correctly this “force old mode” fix that we still have now also changes some other internal engine flags by mistake, so when they actually roll it out that should in theory fix this.

2 Likes

I think it’s because there aren’t any keyframes for the lower arms in your melee idle animation, allowing Roblox’s default animations to effect the lower arms. Just change the lower arms slightly for the keyframes of the animation.

Oh my gosh. Other people are getting this fruity walk animation type. I thought it was because of the IK update.

4 Likes

Nope, same behavior with other animations that have keyframes for lower arms. Like this animation here.

2 Likes

There are several bugs that are still apparent when using motor6d + animations. and it only occurs when the AnimationBlendFix property is enabled. I’d assume these would’ve been fixed before forcing 99% of developers to switch before November.