Animations Available in the Toolbox

Slightly off-topic, but will we ever be able to use animations made by others?

1 Like

It existed back there but people were using a program called fiddler to manipulate in game animations using the open source animation links.

Edit:not saying they shouldnā€™t do it, because thatā€™d be rad.

1 Like

There is no searchbar in Creations, do you understand how useless this is?

5 Likes

This feature is long overdue. What took so long for them to add this?

3 Likes

WOOOOO!!! Yeah, baby! Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been waiting for! Thatā€™s what itā€™s all about!

Om yes this is amazing, now I wonā€™t need to go back and forth from tabs just to get the animation idā€™s.

A much needed feature, now adding animations will finally be as easy as adding in models.

Will we soon also be able to share animations publicly and archive/delete them?
I have quite a lot of unused animations and a lot of animations that need to be shared across multiple games.

Is this update at all pertaining to the supposedly upcoming animation engine changes?

oh yeah I definitely knew that lol

1 Like

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Iā€™ve been waiting this for so long! itā€™s going to save me time, Iā€™ll no longer have to be copying my animation to all my groups anymore, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is super helpful!

Another question that I have is whether weā€™ll be able to sell or otherwise publish animations for everyone to use on the Marketplace, something like Plugins. At some point, there was a discussion on being able to sell audio, too. Anything on this?

1 Like

Neat. Are we able to see anims in the asset manager now? Also can we open-source animations for devs to take?

2 Likes

This is one of the most useful updates on Roblox. Gonna save me a lot of time!

1 Like

About time, This is super useful, i always had to find animations in other kinds of ways

1 Like

I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS LAST NIGHT :man_facepalming: 8

Great to see this considering what I just said

4 Likes

Having to go to the website, open a tab for animations, and go back and forth was one of the most annoying things :sweat_smile: (Yes, I know you can just copy the share link but still, if you have multiple animations to copy and paste over, it can get annoying)

Glad to see this finally being added.

2 Likes

This text padding, why so much padding on the left and no padding on the right?

2 Likes

Animation is a big part of my projects, Iā€™m happy to see a change like this improve the efficiency of the workflow drastically.

1 Like

Great addition to the toolbox!

why wasnā€™t this a thing over half a decade ago :pleading_face:

1 Like