Announcing Free Badge Creations!

I guess it’s to stop people from creating thousands of badges?

Not entirely sure though

5 Likes

My balance decreases when I use it still

2 Likes

Epic, now make music free, lol.

Thank you roblox staff and developers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They should simply just add a limit to how many badges you can create if they haven’t already. You can still abuse this just by waiting the 24 hour cooldown and creating five more badges.

6 Likes

Strange, it did not decrease for me and no badge purchases are in my purchase history today.

Did you previously create badges today for the game you used the API on?

5 Likes

Honestly it would have gone for my suggestion from a few years back. Limiting it to 10-20 free badges per game, instead of 5 each game everyday.

I do think this will break the badge hunt community apart. And rip to those including myself for spending over 50-70K Robux for badges.

Edit: I can understand why people are very happy with this update. If I hadn’t spend so much Robux on it to make your game more valuable and unique with a big amount of badges, I wouldn’t mind either.

7 Likes

I just did right now again, it still takes 100, from a newly created place with no badges.

Also even free it will be in your purchase history, you still purchased it, just with a price of 0

7 Likes

That’s weird. Try contacting Roblox support?

Here’s my last purchase

And here's the response from the API
{
  "id": 2124961656,
  "name": "badge",
  "description": "",
  "displayName": "badge",
  "displayDescription": "",
  "enabled": true,
  "iconImageId": 8927528854,
  "displayIconImageId": 8927528854,
  "awarder": {
    "id": 8856426542,
    "type": "Place"
  },
  "statistics": {
    "pastDayAwardedCount": 0,
    "awardedCount": 0,
    "winRatePercentage": 0
  },
  "created": "2022-02-25T00:49:44.9857936Z",
  "updated": "2022-02-25T00:49:44.9857936Z"
}

Here’s the link to the badge as well

Did you make sure to set the expected price to 0?

1 Like

each day i upload 5 badges. thats sweet

Correct me if im wrong!

5 Likes

I just purchased one for free and it did not appear in my transaction history.

3 Likes

This is best thing since sliced bread.

9 Likes

I have the same opinion, badges being pricy was a part of giving them a worth. A few badges to start off I can agree with but 5 daily badges, most creators don’t even make this many badges normally, badges are less of value now, but can’t really hate you don’t have to spend on badges anymore.

5 Likes

I think this will just shift the community to focus on hard to get badges rather than the amount of badges you have. The community was fully built on a fee that Roblox could have removed at any time and that time happened to be now.

3 Likes

ayo bro we understand but some small developers rely on this feature to promote their game!

3 Likes

This helpful for poor developers! I was waiting for this feature.

2 Likes

@MineJulRBX can you send a get request here and see the result:

https://badges.roblox.com/v1/universes/[UNIVERSE ID]/free-badges-quota

3 Likes

You don’t need 5 badges daily, I literally said most creators even with the money don’t create this many.
Having a 1 off amount for free would already be good enough.

3 Likes

I’d thought this day would never happen

What about people who bought badges with robux?
Will they get a refund?

2 Likes

It says 4, after I was charged 100, for the only badge I’ve created on that game. BRUH

3 Likes

I believe the contrary, lot’s of badges can be useful and I think the only thing limiting games from having a lot was the cost and the belief that it isn’t worth it.

If we look at a simulator for example, badges it could have could be badges for each item/tool in it, every milestone, etc

Or maybe it’s a FPS game, you could have badges for getting a certain KDR, kill milestones, etc

2 Likes