Announcing Free Badge Creations!

This is an amazing update for smaller creators like me. I’m always careful with my robux just in case I want to use it on something else and I rarely ever buy badges.

With this update I can finally give reward to people who enjoy my experiences.

4 Likes

It would be great to upload 5 badges per day for free, but some developers who spent a lot on badges before this update would be disappointed.

Let’s take a look at this game. There are about 19,100 badges in the game, if we multiply one hundred times, it would be 1,910,000. If we convert it to real-life cash (in USD.), Turns it to approximately 24,990USD. (Correct me if I’m wrong.)

I know, they could have used the ROBUX from their Developing revenue, but it’s still a huge amount of ROBUX.

I wonder how will this become to badge walk game creators.

6 Likes

Finally. Thank you. This will be good for smaller devs who don’t have enough robux to pay for badges. 5 badges every day is epic.

4 Likes

Amazing! I previously avoided implementing badges into my experiences due to the cost, but now that we are able to make them for free I will be using them much more.

In my own previous experience, this is a huge direction for Roblox Developers. This new feature is incredibily useful to learn for new players, showing how to add achievements to their game, and this reason for announcing free badge creations has me interested!

Awesome news. :badger::badger::badger:

Given the quantity of badges will certainly increase per experience overall, are there plans to make it easier to query for badges?

Hitting rate limits right now is very frustrating when it comes to making custom achievement UIs and the like.

In a similar note, it would also be great if the default in-game escape menu had a badge checklist - or if there was a way for developers to utilize the in-game menu for this. Badges are a core gameplay feature that currently require way too many workarounds for displaying things in-experience.

5 Likes

What’s the thought process behind this specific thing? It seems like a very arbitrary and counter-intuitive change.

That aside, I’m glad to see Roblox is working on making development as a whole more accessible, and I look forward to more changes like these. Bravo!

2 Likes

This is great! Now we just need the ability to transfer games from our profiles to our groups

4 Likes

Finally! I can finally save up robux!

1 Like

Literally last week I was trying to find a way to make free badges. Holy you guys read my mind! W Feature!

2 Likes

poggers
legit poggers
awesome poggers

3 Likes

Oh… My… Gosh…

Thank you!!!

Best update of 2022 so far…

Thank you Roblox!
Keep up the great work!

Also, not trying to get greedy or anything, but why can we only create 5 badges a day for free, and then we have to pay 100 robux if we wanted to create another one?

And does this 24 hour period reset after we create another one (For example, if I created 4 badges at 1:00, and if I made Badge 5 at 3:00, would I need to wait until 3:00 again to create more free badges?) Or would I be able to create 4 badges at 1:00 the next day, but not the 5th one?

And last question. What about the people who spent a million robux on badges? Would they be getting refunded or no?

5 Likes

God knows how grateful I am for this feature

2 Likes

Oooo. Roblox is stepping up their game!

2 Likes

This is honestly such a great update to be seeing from Roblox that I can’t really put it into words. I just want to give everyone who made this possible a big thank you to games that use tons of badges in order to function properly. :heart: :heart:

[For an example, this ^ game literally uses 100s of badges and cost 47,000+ Robux for all of them so thankfully it won’t cost as much to sustain games like these]

4 Likes

Now only if badges can get overhauled to make it worth to care about them. Especially through showing them off on the website

1 Like

This is good. I now don’t have to spend 100 robux on badges. I am not really on a buget, so this will help alot. Thank you roblox.

1 Like

Wow, this was an update nobody saw coming! This is actually exciting, as it makes me interested in creating badges again.

2 Likes

This is awesome! I wonder if similar rules could eventually apply to creating clothing and/or audio files? (As an alternative, being able to create a limited number of clothing / audio a day for zero Robux could also be Premium benefits.) As always, take your time!

1 Like

If they’re going to be free immediately after publishing, and then every 24 hours, what’s the point of making them cost 100 robux?

2 Likes