Announcing Free Badge Creations!

Finally!

This is so good. Don’t have to worry about spending an insane amount of Robux for Badges anymore.

7 Likes

Yeah. Hopefully Roblox does make audio uploading much cheaper (or even free) as it sucks needing to spend hundreds of Robux just uploading audio, especially if you’ve already spent thousands commissioning someone to make that audio.

10 Likes

Sweet. I look forward to this.

4 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you so much, this will help so many developers with their projects!

4 Likes

I don’t understand this 24 hour cooldown thing. What is the use in having that? If you’re going to make the badges free, make them entirely free, otherwise, just make them a lower cost of Robux.

Also, I think there should be a limit on how many badges you are able to have if there isn’t already; I could see many people abusing this just by creating a bunch of badges.

6 Likes

This is big news, we FINALLY get to have 5 badges for free. Even better, 5 more badges the next day if we wish! Some games like Eat a Snack at 4:00AM need badges for ending but they cost a lot if you want plenty of endings. Keeping this update means more games can be more fun.

Great update Roblox! Update does not dissapoint. :smile: :star:

5 Likes

This is false.

I have tested this and successfully created a badge. I was not charged the 100 Robux.

6 Likes

Thank you so much!
I’ve been a developer without Robux for a while. I’ve wanted to make badges so badly- seeing now that they are free has made my day.

Blessings,
doctorpepper126

5 Likes

The problem are people who are unable to get Robux at all to start off & get badges. Just lowering costs won’t do anything. & the 24 hour limit is to not have Roblox spammed with worthless badges. If people can create infinity badges in infinity amount of games for absolutely free, the interest of badges will decrease.

2 Likes

I guess it’s to stop people from creating thousands of badges?

Not entirely sure though

5 Likes

My balance decreases when I use it still

2 Likes

Epic, now make music free, lol.

Thank you roblox staff and developers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They should simply just add a limit to how many badges you can create if they haven’t already. You can still abuse this just by waiting the 24 hour cooldown and creating five more badges.

6 Likes

Strange, it did not decrease for me and no badge purchases are in my purchase history today.

Did you previously create badges today for the game you used the API on?

5 Likes

Honestly it would have gone for my suggestion from a few years back. Limiting it to 10-20 free badges per game, instead of 5 each game everyday.

I do think this will break the badge hunt community apart. And rip to those including myself for spending over 50-70K Robux for badges.

Edit: I can understand why people are very happy with this update. If I hadn’t spend so much Robux on it to make your game more valuable and unique with a big amount of badges, I wouldn’t mind either.

7 Likes

I just did right now again, it still takes 100, from a newly created place with no badges.

Also even free it will be in your purchase history, you still purchased it, just with a price of 0

7 Likes

That’s weird. Try contacting Roblox support?

Here’s my last purchase

And here's the response from the API
{
  "id": 2124961656,
  "name": "badge",
  "description": "",
  "displayName": "badge",
  "displayDescription": "",
  "enabled": true,
  "iconImageId": 8927528854,
  "displayIconImageId": 8927528854,
  "awarder": {
    "id": 8856426542,
    "type": "Place"
  },
  "statistics": {
    "pastDayAwardedCount": 0,
    "awardedCount": 0,
    "winRatePercentage": 0
  },
  "created": "2022-02-25T00:49:44.9857936Z",
  "updated": "2022-02-25T00:49:44.9857936Z"
}

Here’s the link to the badge as well

Did you make sure to set the expected price to 0?

1 Like

each day i upload 5 badges. thats sweet

Correct me if im wrong!

5 Likes

I just purchased one for free and it did not appear in my transaction history.

3 Likes

This is best thing since sliced bread.

9 Likes