Announcing Limiteds for the UGC Program [Marketplace]

Can’t waiting about next update for limited UGC program, as access UGC program, i guess this time but update is very good and shortly after limited on sale.

Maybe this time is UGC would be limited after updated.

2 Likes

50% is still not great, I still think UGC limiteds are not worthwhile to the average roblox user. This change purely gives UGC creators (and Roblox) a new way to make a lot more money. I guess it kind of makes sense, but I don’t know anything about Roblox’s finances. I just feel like this is another way to exploit the kids who think that by buying one of these they’re going to make a lot of money in return.

The 30 day holding period makes sense on paper, but also pretty much nullifies the purpose of buying a limited with the intention of reselling. Let’s look at some other games with similar systems. TF2 and CS:GO come to mind immediately where both have 7 day cooldowns for items brought on the ingame store or items traded respectively. 30 days is a really long time to wait for these sorts of things.

Another person brought up the fact that original limiteds have high value because of the ability to quickly move them both by reselling and trading them. One of these methods are completely destroyed, and the other is supressed. All of these factors will probably result in:

This is an amazing way to put this, and will undoubtedly happen once the holding period for the initial released items expires.

Once again, I like this change and like the idea of UGC creators to make their own limiteds, but it’s seemingly flawed and a lot of these restricting factors feel like a rushed implementation. I know it definitely isn’t rushed, and I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone was able to prove it, but more can be done to refine this.

5 Likes

This is interesting. I have played non-Roblox games that have scarcity, that don’t have UGC (because the clothes and accessories were created by the developers), and still had items commonly being sold for 200K+ in-game currency. I think this update is a step in the right direction.

You lost me on this one, Roblox.

I hate this, I’m blurring it so I don’t have to see it all the time.

Really? Can’t we just keep UGC limiteds to these events that sponsor you? You wouldn’t want to absolutely destroy the economy as well as trading world, would you? I’m really hoping that strict rules will be put in place for this.

15 Likes

Will UGC limiteds be moderated more often than normal UGCs?

1 Like

Well up until a few weeks ago they had been working on that, but it stopped for some reason. I was a fan of a new roblox limited daily, so hope it continues.

4 Likes

maybe with a few less eggs if they continue

1 Like

Awesome system. Glad it’s here. But the revenue share is very predatory. There is absolutely no argument for Roblox to be taking such a substantial cut. Curious to see what happens after 30 days.

17 Likes

I am seeing now you are right. Sorry.

^ Made a post earlier about how such a large fee on resales will likely lead to either lack of demand for the items or heavy inflation from people needing to sell for over double to recoup costs, overall not great.

This is a problem across all of Roblox’s products.

1 Like

Depending the Accesory type and the quantity you want to sell you need pay more but after. All the robux spent in copies gets back in your account.

If you break the rules all the robux spent to can sell copies dont gets back.

Nononono thats on the side of the creator which the share is relatively okay there, but due to roblox taking 30% from even these resales ontop of the cuts to the creator it means that the Roblox users who resell the item only get half of the price they sell it for.

Now I see the creator only gets a PORTION of the robux spent to sell copies. I thought was 100% robux back.

The creator does get the robux spent back thats not what I am saying is bad, what I am saying is bad is that the actual users who buy these items are affected by a 50% tax when reselling these items. Essentially taking half of what they sell it for away from them.

I never said it was a good rate:

4 Likes

My bad for not seeing your post before that :pray:

Great. As if the UGC catalog wasn’t bad already. The majority of the market is someone uploading something and then many other creators just copy the idea and upload their own of the same thing. What is the point of the limiteds when this is the case? I’d understand if there was originality in the market, but what is the point of something going limited if 30 other UGC creators just upload virtually the same thing.

6 Likes

You don’t even have to wait 30 days! Roblox themselves released ‘UGC-limiteds’ before today, the first ones become sellable on the 15th of April

If someone buys a Community made Limited after the puchase he needs wait 30 days to can be sold again by the user that purchased the Community Made Limited.

Probably is a long time because this is in testing and can be changes in how works Community Limiteds.