Announcing: Stop stressing about copyright claims - Use Strofe to make your own music in minutes!

Adding the ability to determine the chords beforehand would be amazing– you then might be able to string songs together in a cohesive manner.

We just released Discord sign in. Thanks for the suggestion iShouldG0!

We also implemented Google sign in, but it takes a few days for Google to verify the app. As soon as we get the green light from them we’ll release that as well.

2 Likes

I managed to break it lol, after reaching the end it repeated even though it wasn’t supposed to, it got to 1:52 / 1:01

[3074]
When it repeated it also didn’t do the same chorus and instead a completely new one.

And again:

1 Like

I love this! It’s so useful for games. Thanks for providing this resource! I would personally use it if Roblox uploading wasn’t expensive.

2 Likes

Can I ask who runs your account? Just curious.

Hello, the music was still going on even if it should have ended (at least the progression bar said it). I’m sorry that I can’t provide any proof, but I stopped the music to start the record, and when it started (so I resumed the music) it finished at the right time.

1 Like

This is extremely cool and I’m considering using it for some of the ambient tracks in my game, however I cannot save audio out as .ogg which is required for seamless looping playback, and I cannot generate tracks that are loopable.

It would be cool if each separate section of music could be exported separately. I could export the intro and the N middle tracks separately, then I could play the intro when a player joins the game, and transition into looping the middle tracks while they are playing. This also simplifies me crossfading into alternative tracks appropriate for ingame events.

5 Likes

This is honestly the best music making tool i’ve ever tried. And it’s so simple! I love it!! I’ll definitely be using this for my games. Thank you for this!!

1 Like

Nice find! We were able to reproduce the issue. If a change is made while the song is being played right when it’s changing between sections, this might happen. It’s only a playback issue and it doesn’t affect the generated mp3 in any way.

We’re working on it right now, thanks for reporting!

And please let us know if you run into any other issues!

Thanks for reporting! This happened to another user as well, if a change is made while the song is being played right when it’s changing between sections, this might happen. It’s only a playback issue and it doesn’t affect the generated mp3 in any way.

We’re working on it right now, thanks for reporting!

1 Like

For now our team is quite small (there’s 3 of us). I’m Alejandro (the voice from the video in the OP) and I run the strofe_music account, I also work on the AI and music backend for Strofe.

Do you think we should add a “meet the team” page or something like that to strofe.com? I’d never thought about it.

Hey @strofe_music I love your website.

I generally do think that the UI of the website may need to be little cleaner. And the loading time on loading tracks take a little while to load.

Is there any planned updates to fix this?

It’s not a scam, as far as I can tell. Just a bug I guess?

1 Like

this actually looks cool, can’t wait to try it out!

1 Like

I love the tool however there is one thing stopping me from using it and thats

.ogg is the only way to make sure audio can loop properly without a gap, but other than that great tool and keep up the good work.

2 Likes

This is not a bug. Your Roblox account and Strofe account are independent of each other and you’re not required to use the same email and password for both. From a security standpoint, you should actually avoid using the same password in different websites.

4 Likes

Oh I guess I misinterpreted what he said. Sounded like he was saying he logged in without an account

1 Like

We recently got a designer to help us with the UI, we’ll be updating it soon :slightly_smiling_face:

As for the load time when fetching a track, when you do that you’re actually downloading a file for each instrument, and even though they’re all fetched simultaneously (and we setup everything so that if you come back it’s fetched from cache instead of from the servers) it might take a bit longer than expected to download a 3 min track (for instance). However, doing so is inevitable since it’s what allows you to modify the instruments independently.

That being said, I’m testing on a 10mbps connection and it only takes about 1.5 sec to download a full track with 7 instruments. Are you experiencing loading times a lot slower than that?

2 Likes

I’m currently working on this. Unfortunately, it’s not just a matter of generating an ogg instead of an mp3, since we’re first generating wavs and then converting them, and the software we’re using to generate the wavs already adds some padding at the end of the track that wouldn’t allow loops to work seamlessly even if we convert the wav to ogg.

My goal is to solve that, then add the option to download the files separately (ie: intro, loop 1, bridge, loop 2, ending). I’ll keep you posted!

5 Likes

I am getting 70MBPS and it’s fetching the music from server rather than downloading it.

2 Likes