Announcing: Stop stressing about copyright claims - Use Strofe to make your own music in minutes!

unknown-11 unknown-26

Some reason roblox doesn’t like your files at all is there any reason why?

And roblox has allowed one audio to be uploaded WITH taking payment but isn’t showing on my account :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

2 Likes

SHEEEESH MANN, literally what we all need, the best tool in existence for roblox developers. many thanks!

2 Likes

We’ve never run into this situation before, and we literally just uploaded over 100 songs. I think for this one we need to get help from Roblox engineers, because I just tried out the file (it’s song 4078 right?) and I seem to be able to upload it without issues.

If you don’t mind sharing it, I can upload it to our account.

1 Like

If you are able to upload it to my account do you mind contacting on Discord so I can provide more information?

1 Like

I can’t upload it to your account, I can only upload it to the strofe_music account.

3 Likes

Okay do you mind uploading it to my music account thanks.

1 Like

Seeing the lofi option sold it for me : )

4 Likes

@strofe_music @CorruptDetected90 Roblox audio uploads are going through as being corrupt recently.

4 Likes

Just so everyone is aware, the fact that they only support exporting to mp3 is no longer an issue as Roblox is automatically changing audio file to verbois .ogg files on upload.

3 Likes

That’s not how this works. The MP3 encoding itself results in a space at the end of the audio file. Converting the format from MP3 to OGG will not magically delete this extra information added to the audio data if the original file is MP3.

1 Like

This quote seems to say otherwise.

See that they say

avoid any issues with latency / looping behavior.

2 Likes

This is correct. However, the issue is even more complicated than that.

It’s true that converting to mp3 will inevitably add padding that will not make loops possible, however, some of the padding is not added when the file is converted to mp3 but before that, and just exporting to ogg won’t fix the issue.

Let’s say you have a track that’s set to have a 10 seconds duration, but the last note in it is a big hit on a cymbal at the 9 second mark. When we generate the wav for that, we take into account the fact that that last note won’t last exactly one second, and it’ll take a bit longer for it to naturally decay and stop producing sound. In order to avoid cutting off any notes early, the final track won’t last exactly 10 seconds, it might last 10.5 seconds instead (for instance). This is intentional and it makes the endings of tracks sound a lot better, since different instruments will take different amount of time to decay. However, if that track needs to be a loop, then those extra 0.5 seconds become a problem.

In order to properly fix this we need to do 3 things:

1. Cut off the sound at exactly the 10 second mark.
  2. Make sure that we’re not using any notes that have a long decay at the end of loops, because if we do so cutting them off will make the loop sound really bad.
  3. Export to ogg instead of mp3 once the wav is done, to make sure no extra padding is added to the track.

I already took care of 1) and 3), but 2) is the trickiest one, especially when you take into account that the user is free to choose from a wide array of instruments, some of which might have a longer decay than others.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as this is dealt with!

2 Likes

Sorry I phrased this badly: The purpose of the transcoding isn’t to try to fix developers audio for them (something which could easily end up causing more headaches than benefits), it’s to standardize things without introducing any additional problems that weren’t there before.

6 Likes

A couple of quick updates:

This was released a few days ago but in case anyone missed it, Strofe now allows you to make tracks public and share them with anyone! All you need to do is change the song to public and share the link:

(this only allows people who visit the link to listen to the track, only you will have permission to edit it, and at any point in time you can change the track back to private and the link will lead to an error page).

Also, we just uploaded higher quality new sounds for every single instrument, and added a few new drumsets (working on adding more and making use of the new ones right now).

8 Likes

This is absolutely amazing, it generated an amazing song that legit brought a tear to my eye, lol. I will definitely be using this in future projects.

20/10!

3 Likes

Hi! I really like this program and the music is outstanding! However, I have a question. Do we have to credit Strofe for creating the music?

3 Likes

In less than 20 seconds, Strofe generated a pretty bopping spooky song! I’m surprised that it could make an amazing song in less than 20 seconds! Definitely would recommend for games especially since there is no copyright or anything.

4 Likes

This is a very cool creation, and really useful for games that just need some simple background music. This is game-changing. I could imagine this being used in Cafes, Hotels, or even just hangout places. I will be sure to recommend this to people.

I usually find it hard to put together a good music playlist in Roblox, because there isn’t good music on Roblox. With this, you can filter by several genres, make it how you like it, and all for free. If I ever start developing again, I am 100% using this in all my games.

The fun part is, you don’t even need to use this for Roblox. This goes beyond that. I can listen to the music it generates and relax, because honestly it isn’t bad music. Every genre is so amazingly accurate (and especially the lofi one).

Overall, this is an AMAZING resource, and I recommend it to anyone. There are so many simple but useful features that make this not only helpful for your development, but FUN. The ability to share with your friends, just the fact that it makes music in the click of a button makes this actually enjoyable. This is probably one of my favorite recourse I’ve seen on #resources:community-resources.

Great job to the Strofe team for making this amazing resource. And good luck, which you probably don’t need because of how great this is.

3 Likes

Thanks! Really appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Have you guys got a Discord server? (I know you can’t send Discord links, just curios)

3 Likes