Anti-aliasing for Highlight instances

I was super excited when Highlight instances were released and still am for their use cases such as player/enemy location. However, I’ve been avoiding it for some time due to the fact that it lacks anti-aliasing. The pixelated edges of the Highlight are jarring and null Roblox’s intentions of a modern item.

A highlight against the rest of Roblox’s anti-aliasing

Blender highlight (anti-aliasing):

If Roblox were to add anti-aliasing to Highlight instances it would make it look so much better and actually consistent with the geometry that it surrounds rather than making my experience look like a PS1 game.

105 Likes

This still needs to be a feature, and it would be super easier to implement in my opinion. I would imagine it easy to be implemented, especially considering the fact that Blender has way more complicated geometry than Roblox does.

5 Likes

Im up for this, infact, Roblox’s new selection highlight has antialiasing and appears to have more versatility, so it makes me wonder if we get to have highlight thickness and antialiasing option in the future.

EDIT: I was wrong with them having anti-aliasing, but the fact selection highlights are thicker makes me wonder if we will get to have this feature too. Still up for anti-aliasing.

2 Likes

Looking for this to be a feature as well. Roblox has to level up already on highlights, it’s been quite a time since the release. Considering Roblox is currently working on improving highlights, it would be great to see this feature in the upcoming updates.

2 Likes