Anybody know why some people are disliking my game

oh wait i found my problem now
i tested the button again and fortunately it works
thx for helping me with this

2 Likes

Bc there are free models. And the game icon won’t attract more people to play the game.

1 Like

I also noticed, like @Mysterious_Myth11 said, the icon won’t really attract people to your game.
I made a new icon in like 5 minutes if you want to use this:
BaconvilleIcon
Here is the photoshop file if you want to change anything (if you have photoshop)
BaconvilleIcon.psd (280.2 KB)

1 Like

Bro, there’s ONLY free models in the game and the game template is made by Roblox

2 Likes

what type of stuff should be added so a player wont just randomly walk around

1 Like

add weapons so players can fight each other

1 Like

but my game is a small city game

what should the game icon or thumbnail be to make it more appealing

Maybe quests and stuff, like delivering this package to this place or something. Or character customization and stuff

I made this if you want to use it, but you already saw it so I shouldn’t really repeat
Just make sure everything will actually fit the icon, like don’t make long text and make sure to align it
Try looking at other games for example, you will notice that the text doesn’t really overlap with anything and its easy to see, and simple
Or something like this, where it shows something about the game
Keep this in mind, you need it to look good even when its small (easy to see is what I mean).

could i try something similar to what you said like could i try doing my game icon where the “Bacon” part of Baconville (my game name) will be in orange, while the “ville” part of Baconville will be gray or white for my current game icon
New Baconville Icon (credit to AkmalLTGBlox)

i could try that but id rather go with the idea that i replied to on your other recent post on my topic

Yeah that would work. Or remove the text and just keep the bacon hair as that also works.

how’s this ^
btw my friend AkmalLTGBlox originally made this game icon since the last game icon made by me wasn’t good

this was the old game icon i made ^

i didn’t understand what you mean when you said “lore”

speaking of music, what type of music should i add so it will fit my game better

Here are the issues with your game:

1. It’s lacking a lot of content that would make it an actual “town”.
  2. A lot of the game has free models. (Tools, Houses, etc.)
  3. The game is a little bit messy.
  4. I wasn’t sure what I should do once I entered the game. (This is a bad thing because if players don’t understand how to play the game they won’t play it again)

I hope this advice is helpful, and it is not meant to make you feel bad rather encourage you and help you continue to develop your game. The game could become really successful someday if you add some more content and features. Most importantly don’t give up!

1 Like

speaking of which, what type of activities should i add so the player will understand how to play the game rather than just randomly walking around

what type of content should i add to my game so it will probably look as good as other city games like greenville beta or rocitizens (if you know what those games are

yeah unfortunately the game relies on a bunch of free models
theres some models that i made like this house

but for the models like the school, cars (obviously), and a few other models in the game were free models
even if i try and make a model like a high quality billboard or a couch, it just wont look as good as a free model

People probably don’t like it, what else could it be

I only played the game for a few minutes so I might have not seen the whole game but this is what I would add:

1. Jobs
  2. Money
  3. Shops
  4. Customizable Houses
  5. Pets(boring but 7-year-olds love it)
  6. Police Station and Jail (every game seems to have police and criminals now because kids love it)
  7. School
  8. Cleaner GUI and more GUI
  9. Boats and Water
  10. Highways
    I’m not sure if you will commonly find these things in North Carolina or whether you even want these features in your game, so it would be helpful if you gave me a “target age” for your game.
1 Like

the game was supposed to be targeted to some players who want to visit a small city game

speaking of north carolina, i was thinking of probably removing the “North Carolina” part of “Baconville, North Carolina” and naming it into “Baconville” so the game wont be focused too much on north carolina

from this list you made here, im not sure about boats, pets, custom houses,
but at least about the gui, highways (small highways) prison/police station, jobs, and currency, ill probably add them soon at least if im able to