Archived Assets Still Appear In-Game

About a week ago now I archived this mesh using the Archive Button in the Configure tab of the mesh. I noticed however, the mesh is still appearing in-game here.
(It’s the green car)

At first, I thought maybe it just hadn’t been long enough for it to fully archive through the system, however, I archived this mesh back in November. It however can still be seen in-game here.
(It’s the blank orange car near where you spawn.)

So, I have reason to believe there is something bugged about the Archive system, as some of things I had set to archive back around the announcement came out, archived just fine way back when, however more recent assets are not archiving properly.

Note:

I think this is an engine bug, as it appears things are archiving correctly on the website, and just not archiving into the game, however I’m obviously uncertain as maybe things are getting messed up on the website, which in turn causes it to not translate into the game. :man_shrugging:t2: If it’s felt this is more of a web bug, I’ll move my post over to there, or someone else is free to do that for me.

7 Likes

I can confirm I’m also experiencing this issue, a couple of days ago I archived this mesh however it still appears within game and studio. The issue also appears to affect Decals as well.

1 Like

Hey @GeorgeOfAIITrades. Thank you for reporting this bug. We have identified the cause and are now fixing it. I shall update this post when fixed.

2 Likes

Any update of what the time frame of this fix going live should be expected?

I’m having the same issue, I’ve archived all my images (10+ decals) and they still all appear in-game like normal!

Can confirm, I recently had a set of meshes stolen from me and released to the public, I archived the meshes yet this bug still leaves the meshes up for grabs.

2 Likes

This should be fixed now. Please let me know if you see any other issues.

2 Likes

Can confirm, did the trick. :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

I have a question. If another person archives a mesh. And I am using this mesh. Will this mesh not load in for my game? This could be really bad, since if your having a spawn made of a meshes, then the whole lobby will be ruined

As I understand it, yes. You don’t own the mesh, and the owner can prevent anyone from using it at any time for any reason.

1 Like

I recently had my game leaked, & I archived most of the meshes that were compromised. However, I noticed the meshes are still visible in the leaked models that were published online without my permission, still there hours after I archived them.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug? I reuploaded the same meshes under a new ID. The leaked meshes still have the old ID, & the website shows that the leaked Meshes have been archived.

The meshes may have been reuploaded, as there’s literally an API link specifically to download assets by their ID, which can then just be reuploaded as-is.

1 Like

I checked the ID of the leaked meshes, which they have the archived ID of it. I tried reinserting the archived meshes through Studio individually & I wasn’t able to insert them.

However, I just noticed that the archived meshes have a new ID. I’m very concerned as I don’t want people using the leaked models since my game isn’t really huge & it could compromise my reputation.