AutomaticCanvasSize should take into account padding

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to …
To have automatically scaled ScrollingFrame’s when using padding in any form (UIPadding or the Padding property on UIGridLayout/UIListLayout/etc)

I have it set to automatically scale to the Y
However, since I have UIPadding and padding on the UIGridLayout, it cuts off UI at the bottom
Becomes more pronounced as I add more objects
The AutomaticCanvasSize should take into account all of these properties, not just the CellSize. I’d imagine it’d take into account just the AbsoluteContentSize for the grid/list layouts, but that doesn’t seem to be the case, so I’m unsure how this property works exactly, as AbsoluteContentSize does take into account the padding listed in the grid/list layouts, but not the seperate UIPadding instance

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because …
I could make ScrollingFrame’s with ease, without having to create a janky function to scale the CanvasSize

39 Likes

This feature request was made 11 months ago, still no response. Is this on the roadmap? I just ran into this today, and quite frankly, its infuriating.

3 Likes

In need of this feature as well. Bump! I have to rely on custom scripts in order to achieve padding scaling with AutomaticCanvasSize.

1 Like

Could we actually have some sort of response to this? Roblox has this beautiful UI editor, with so many properties that exist for the sole purpose of making UI easy (including AutomaticCanvasSize!). I shouldn’t have to script this myself.

If this still occurs, file a bug report.

I don’t believe this was ever a bug? Was always just a missing feature

Automatic sizing not respecting padding is a bug; it’s not sizing properly to encompass the contents. You should confirm this still occurs and post the bug report.

4 Likes

Has anyone posted a bug report for this yet? I’m willing to do it otherwise