AutoVehicle - Automatic vehicle rigging plugin

I say restart and pay very close attention to wheel names…

Yeah, this can be a bit confusing. Just follow the tutorial again but read it closely. I’m having issues with it myself. Mostly with the body and wheels since it seems as if the wheels break and fall through the body even if I set it up correctly, and the steering seems too tight. I’ll try it again at some point and I might share how I did it if I end up getting it to work. Just keep trying until you eventually get it. And like Danny said, make sure you name your wheels correctly. The plugin is very specific on how objects are titled when you’re making your vehicle.

I am also having this issue, is there a fix to it?

This is known issue and I am trying to fix it, for now try to play around with the attachment rotations.

2 Likes

This is amazing! I actually had a plugin idea for this before :sweat_smile:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/car-plugin-idea/717911

2 Likes

i even used the model provided up there but the problem with sideways wheels still persists

Hey I am using this and one thing I am noticing is the turn speed is extremely slow. I have to cover what seems like 300 studs just to make a 90 degree rotation. Is there any way to fix this?

This works nicely, however if you go down too fast and hit the ground (for example going down a hill or driving off and hitting the ground), the wheels get screwed up, and get displaced, like in the image below.

Any fix to this? I tried making the chassis collidable, but it then gets stuck on terrain sometimes, making it so you can’t move. I then made it massless, and it seemed to work but if no one is using the car it spazzes out.

2 Likes

I am not sure on how to fix that.
But yeah I will try to fix it.

3 Likes

Steering can be adjusted in the Driver/Pilot Vehicle Seat. Many other settings can also be found here.

2 Likes

Woah this looks awesome! Definitely going to try it!

1 Like

Yea I tried turning the turn speed and nothing happened. I ended up rigging my own car and it worked much better though

2 Likes

This is a really good plugin, but I have a couple ideas:

A good GUI for when the player enters the vehicle seat?

Possibly an A-Chassis style tuning system (I’m imagining an option for “Advanced Mode”)

Other than that, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Maybe try Vivaldi or Brave or Maxthon?

so, what did I do wrong… robloxapp-20210127-1327580

If you made the car massless then it spazzes out like that.

This plugin has messed up my Roblox Studio, when I launched the plugin it blocks everything including the remove plugins feature. When I relaunch studio, it is still there. I am not able to move the plugin off my screen. I can’t even remove the plugin. I am simply stuck now.

Could you tell me more about your issue and perhaps send me some screenshots of the problem? This plugin isn’t harmful and there is no piece of code that suppose to block ‘remove plugin’ feature, and also keep in mind that no plugin or code can modify Roblox Studio features since that would be security vulnerability.

If you’re talking about how it creates widget on your screen and it’s located on the edge which blocks the plugin manager button then that’s Roblox Studio problem, since I am not sure why Roblox puts new widget on the edge so much that you can’t close it or do anything with it, but there is definitely a way to move it out of the edge.

Why is there no option to move the plugin around on your screen? The thing I am trying to say is that it covers the top of my studio so I can not click anything.

I am sorry for that but I don’t know why is that happening, perhaps send a bug report to Roblox if you can.