AutoVehicle - Automatic vehicle rigging plugin

Hello everyone. I would like to announce that I am turning this into open source plugin on GitHub so people can contribute to it, since I don’t really have much time to work on it and additionally I couldn’t find any good solution. (btw I am new to GitHub).

I did rewrite the entire plugin and most of the bugs you guys mentioned shouldn’t appear now. Check out the main post to learn how to work with the new version of the plugin. I hope you enjoy it :wink:.

2 Likes

It now works!
however, there are still bugs.
Bugs;

• Once you jump out of the vehicle, your FOV still stays 120 instead of going back to 100
  • if the vehicle hits something, it gets stuck and doesn’t move

Hope you fix these 2 bugs that I’ve come across.

For the second problem, did you try modifying Torque Sensitivity?

1 Like

Hi, I just updated the plugin, but the plugin wouldn’t open. Is this a bug? Thanks.

Could you please elaborate on what’s wrong? The plugin has no GUI if thats you what you meant.

1 Like

Yes, the Gui doesn’t show up when I click.

Because right now you just need to click on the plugin icon when you want to use it. Make sure you check out “How to Use” section.

1 Like

Oh, ok, I didn’t look at the instruction section. I thought it was just the update on the bugs. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello, is there any way to put a mesh to the car chassis? Thank you.

Hello, I found bugs while I was playing my game.

1. When the car chassis goes on a ramp, even if it goes down again, the car still moves towards, and climbs the ramp again without pressing “W”.

This is the video:
robloxapp-20210621-1300371.wmv (4.5 MB)
In the video, I am not pressing “W” at the second time.

1. When the car is going at a fast speed, the back wheel lean too, and when it is flipped, the car’s wheels are broken, and it cannot move.

This is the video:
robloxapp-20210621-1302183.wmv (3.9 MB)

Thank you.

For the first issue you might need to increase torque and tire grip settings, however for the “driving by itself” issue you need to adjust the TorqueSensitivity to something like 3.

For the second issue its something I am gonna be working on when I have time, right now you can set the limits for the spring constraints manually to prevent the wheels from going up and down as much.

1 Like

Thank you, I will change the TorqueSensitivity to 3. :grinning:

Should I add A-Chassis support? Since my chassis isn’t that good however my chassis will stay and be updated nevertheless.

Add A-Chassis support
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hey, the car moves to much if you press any “move” key, is there a way for it to not move a bit when only pressing W once?

You can adjust the TorqueSensitivity and Torque properties to change that behavior (especially the TorqueSensitivity).

When I want to take a bend at a high speed, the car spins because the springs are a bit too soft, I think. I have adjusted several values at the springs but the car still spins.
Do you happen to know how to fix this correctly or what values to change? :thinking:

Unfortunately not, I am not really good when it comes to constraint cars.

Where is this? I wanna see it soon?

1 Like

I have a suggestion!

I suggest that you add a speedometer GUI
it’s going to look much cleaner.