Better Breakpoints Beta: Logpoints, Conditional Breakpoints, & More!

I heard there’s a Lua debugger on the horizon…

1 Like

Thank you for Logpoints! This is a super awesome set of features and I can begin moving over a bunch of annoying debugger logging stuff over to this asap :smiley:

One thing I am interested in though is allowing developer access to the DebuggerManager() API methods via plugins - there is a lot(1) of developer(2) support(3) for this(4) and it seems like a very easy win! The use case would be studio integrations like Rojo or VS Code Output Sync which would benefit from being able to reflect the current Debugging state and set breakpoints from scripts edited from outside of the Studio environment. This setup is currently used by some big players like Adopt Me and Jailbreak and I’m sure they would appreciate this streamlining of their workflow!

Many thanks for your hard work on making our lives easier to enjoy and create stuff on the platform. Looking forward to watching RDC after the fact to learn more about what is coming!

2 Likes

One step closer to visual studio, awesomesauce. :slight_smile:
I am curious though, are there likely to be any improvements to performance while in debug mode?

A few times when I’ve been trying to step through code and read values or logic - sometimes the intellisense (or whatever it is called) either doesn’t appear or takes a few seconds to do so.

1 Like

Finally the days of the accursed print(“got to line x”) are over. Thanks for the great improvement. :+1:

2 Likes

finally got set feature breakpoints is better script with on difficult for updated logpoints for more it does by time always debugging is getting use better updated for more!

1 Like

Whoah… No more spamming prints to realise my function isn’t even running! What is this sorcery !

Aside from that, this is actually quite helpful; Thanks for putting in the time and effort! It’ll help scripters out quite alot!

haha your debugging methods deprecated now !

3 Likes

This is actually really cool, Conditional Breakpoints are one of the best things about VS

2 Likes

Loving this little feature, I’ve only known about it for a couple hours and it’s already proving very useful in my projects. Thanks! :3

1 Like

Logpoints were a huge contribution to Roblox game developers.
Previously, during game debugging, if I needed to evaluate a variable, I was forced to stop the game, create a print statement, run the game again, and redo all the steps until I get to this print…

Now, while running, I can make this decision without interrupting the game.
Congratulations to the Roblox developer team!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.