Better Chat [V1] BRANCH DISCONTINUED]

Fair enough, what if you disable roblox bubble chat, copy all the scripts from INSIDE CoreGui outside, into like ServerScriptService, then modify? Or is that also impossible?

CoreGui only stores the UI, which you could copy via Studio’s explorer. But the actual source-code is entirely core and not accessible to the regular user.

Think I’ve found a workaround.

You can make a copy of a BubbleChat GUI, then just modify the text.
I’m going to try and integrate this with your system, and if it work’s I’ll DM you the code and anything you need to reproduce it.

Can you make custom emojis? @likeajumpingpro

3 Likes

I’ll probably do an implementation soon since it’s been on my to-do list for a while now.

Could you use Markdown instead of that strange syntax?

Also, can you upload it to GitHub so people like me can make PR’s. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey all! Better Chat isn’t dead yet. I’m planning on releasing a massive update sometime next year or potentially at the end of this year. I’m wanting to know what features you guys would like to be implemented!

Reply to this thread with your best ideas. I’m going all the way with this next update. It’s an entire rewrite to add more stability, functionality, and so much more. I might add a simple API system for developers as well.

Best regards, likeajumpingpro.

2 Likes

It not worked in studio… I’m confused?

Did you set it up correctly? Does it work in-game and not in studio?

Very cool! The emoji panel seems similar to the . + windows key which opens the windows emoji panel and emoticons/kaomoji. Still, I like that it’s implemented in Roblox. I would love to see this in more games.

Edit: Would you be able to add a feature where you can type in the emoji panel for a specific emoticon?

I have the autofill system on the chat bar, you shouldn’t need to search it in the emoji panel.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Personally I don’t like autofill, but it’s still a good idea.

1 Like

Regarding this, here’s my first official sneak peek at the new update!

(audio quality suffered a bit due to compression because the original video was massive)

9 Likes

I’ve just added a poll to this at the top of the post. I’m wondering if this should be rewritten into a custom chat system that completely removes the original chat and replaces it with a cleaner, better looking chat system that’s easy to modify for new developers. I’m not sure if that’d ruin the point of this whole post or what, which is why I’m asking this.

1 Like

I apologize for the late update. Due to the large majority of votes in the poll I created going to a custom chat system, we’re doing that! The custom chat is expected to be completed sometime around March! I’m hoping to at least pick up the original fork, but it had a lot of complications while I was developing.

If you’d like to become an Alpha Tester, message me on Discord (Toxic#2799). We need mobile and desktop users. Our Discord server can be found here.

Last but not least, we have a sneak peek:

Edit: I apologize for the low quality, YouTube is being weird. Open the actual link and it should be at normal quality there.

3 Likes

Does the new update come w/ the costume chat window? Or do we have to make something like that ourselves?

What’s the costume chat window?

Wow, I can’t wait! This is the future of Roblox chat!

Will this new version come with custom bubble chat? If so, will it support the rich text and custom emojis?

1 Like

At the time of writing, the bubble chat for the chat system is in the works as far as I’m aware and is not yet completed, although there was an old version that was being worked on, me and a few other people spotted too many bugs and problems with that bchat system, that’s all I know

1 Like

This system is currently discontinued in favor of the new custom chat system. I’m planning to come back to this one later. The post about the custom chat system is currently pending!

1 Like