Beyond The Blox - Developer Podcast

These are so good! I listen to them multiple times and download them to add to my permanent library with other favorite podcasts. The interviews are very interesting. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Episode 9 is here! Featuring @TwentyTwoPilots

Hear us chat for 25 minutes about Ultimate Driving, engineering, and blue cars!

See the top post for information on how to apply to be a guest on a future episode.

6 Likes

I listened briefly to episode #1 and my god, it is fantastic. My advice is to listen when you have some spare time, kudos to you @BanTech.

1 Like

Definitely have a listen to some of the ones with guests too! I think the latest one with TTP is a really easy listen and just under 25 mins :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just calmly waiting for a new episode…
When’s the next one coming out?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I got super ill before Christmas during the best two weeks in my schedule to record. Realistically now I think the next episode will be during the second half of January.

I have a few guests lined up so it’s just a case of schedules and enjoying Christmas/New Year with the family :relaxed:

6 Likes

These are really informative and I love to listen to them in my free time. Thanks for putting content like this out!

2 Likes

Hi there! Listened to the episodes this morning, and I loved it! Keep up the good work!

When will the next episode come out?

2 Likes

Hoping to get the schedule back on track over the next couple weeks. I’ve got a guest host who is going to help out with hosting an episode or two as I’m currently slammed with university work and recovering from pneumonia :grimacing:

And then my lovely voice will be back after that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds great! Once my dev team gains some popularity in the community, I’ll probably apply as a guest

2 Likes

Hey, may I suggest that you possibly get in contact with Badimo staff such as asimo3089 and/or badcc? I think a lot of people, including myself, would tune into that episode. Also possibly the staff at Adopt Me?

I actually really wanted a roblox developer podcast! I am definitely going to listen to it! This is awesome!

2 Likes

asimo3089 prefers to remain private, incl. voice. I have tried to get in touch with @badcc a couple of times - maybe a sneaky tag here will help :stuck_out_tongue:

Regarding Adopt Me!, I think that’s a good idea. I’ve already proposed an episode to the systems engineer but I’ll see if I can get in contact with other members of the team soon too!

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How does this go about? Like is it in a Discord call?

All the episodes so far have been on a discord call, however the guest records their own audio and the delay due to the internet is carefully removed.

Hopefully at events like RDC 2020 and smaller meetups we can get some in-person interviews too as conversation tends to flow better when you can see the other person.

2 Likes

Beyond the blox interviews would be great at London, or where ever RDC 2020 EU is. Speaking of which, I’m going to apply!

2 Likes

Happy 2020! :tada: I know it’s a bit late, but we are back on track with recording and preparing these episodes thanks to the amazing @Alvin_Blox who has helped by hosting two episodes of Beyond The Blox as a guest host!

The first of these is available to listen to right now, featuring special guest @boatbomber, creator of Lua Learning and developer of many open source projects.

Listen to the podcast on Anchor or on YouTube:

And check out boatbomber’s projects here:

8 Likes

Finally.

Boat deserved this, he’s a great guy and a great friend.

4 Likes

It’s that time of the week again!

Episode 11 is now available featuring special guest @SteadyOn, creator of many games including Bakery Tycoon and Clueless, as well as his new game tracking service RTrack.

As with episode 10, @Alvin_Blox kindly stepped in to host this one.

Listen to the episode on Anchor or on YouTube:

And check out SteadyOn’s previous projects here:
http://steadyon.games

9 Likes

Wow! This is so cool! I’m listening to the steadyOn one right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes