Black UGC Items are being purged from the catalogue

A variety of black UGC items are being removed from the catalogue store. This ranges from top hats to shirts to anything with seemingly a black texture.

This is happening to not only myself (I have found a dozen examples from my own catalogue, and just started checking), but also other creators are having this issue.

Here are some asset IDs so you can look into it.

And many more.

((Note for moderators, I posted this under the Catalogue bugs following the posting guidelines… but then read at the top of that forum that it was specific to Roblox only items. Please update your bug posting guides to accurately reflect which area you would like these reports in))

41 Likes

Not just UGC items, I received this error message when I uploaded my avatar into Roblox Studio. The clothing my avatar is wearing is made by Roblox. The first message was a HTTP 403 Forbidden warning for wearing clothing I purchased from Roblox.

16 Likes

My Void Head is gone now. I am seeing a few people off platform talking about this item deletion happening to them too. I’m guessing that there will be no refunds per the most recent TOS?

16 Likes

Seems like tons of solid black MetalnessMap textures are being deleted, this happened to some of the clothes I own as well.

17 Likes

I have noticed this also includes all of the furry head glasses types (except furred dragon, for some reason?). I do hope this gets fixed as this has made some of my outfits unable to load any sort of thumbnail. For the time being, I have had to remove some of the content-deleted items temporarily until this gets resolved.

According to @Doom_inic on this item, Roblox is retraining their moderation bot.

Since I am not 100% sure, I am going to take this with a grain of salt. If this is true, I hope Roblox does resolve this!

15 Likes

The moderation bot is being trained to moderate/delete black?

That can be taken a number of ways, and interpreted in the worst ones.

*Edited to add - I’m seeing some items have been restored, perhaps all? The Void Head is back in my inventory now

13 Likes

I assume that they accidentally made a mistake where black was being interpreted as something that wasn’t actually there.

Unfortunately, not all items have been restored. I am still missing all the items I mentioned in my reply.

11 Likes

This has occured to me as well. This might be an issue with the automatic duplicate detection system, as the case has been before. Additionally, support has informed me that the item “has been moderated more than 30 days ago” and that nothing can be done, despite the item texture being deleted a day or so before.

This is incredibly frustrating and I can only sympathize with so many people getting their items wrongfully pulled from the catalog, including bestsellers and trending items.

11 Likes

They’re doing the right thing, it will sort out

11 Likes

Thank you for filing your report. Our team is actively investigating what caused these item removals. We will have an update soon.

24 Likes

based funny glasses wearer

was the removal done on purpose, or was it a bot?
I hope stuff like this won’t happen again

14 Likes

Also don’t mark it as a solution, it will get automatically closed sooner

15 Likes

I hope that the items removed do have the chance to be restored as I do not want to have to purchase them again, even if I did get Robux credit for the removed items

2 Likes

Same. I only have one item that is removed I believe, but it has 5000 favorites… and I bet if I have to re-upload it…it just would not even hit 100 favorites and get lost in the uplouds now a days.

2 Likes

My banana suit was taken down for a third time and each time I appeal it the appeal takes longer. Its really harming my sales.

1 Like

I’d love if we could get expedited assistance on this topic, or at least confirmation on what the plan is moving forwards. I have about 14 items taken down (some of which are Halloween-themed), which is really affecting my sales (combined with a lot of the taken down items being refunded).

1 Like

Here are some ID`s of my items, which have not yet been restored!

here’s some of my IDs that have been harmed by this and not yet restored

Any updates? My group Foxtrot Arm has been having items removed for no reason or notification and worst, players are being refunded 0 robux.

Here’s one of my item’s IDs which were removed and not brought back yet:

Any update on when our items will be restored?

1 Like