Blade - A free to use dashboard for open access to data about Roblox games

Wow, this is really cool! I like this a lot and will be using this if I get any popular games! :smiley:

Hey folks,

Iā€™ve now released a new feature to blade, the twitter based bot tracker. This account tweets out like and dislike botting as it happens on Roblox.
https://twitter.com/bladebottracker

Hope you all find it useful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One problem I have is that some games that I track just stop tracking after a few days and all the data is lost. Is this an intended feature to make sure storage doesnā€™t fill up or is it a bug?

Blade intentionally stops tracking games if they donā€™t maintain 10 concurrent players over a 4 day period. This is to conserve resources.

1 Like

Wow, this is really cool, showing games that are being like/dislike botted. Good work!

This looks very much like botting for sure

Weā€™ve also got a twitter for that, as well as the #botting-tracker channel in our discord :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/bladebottracker

1 Like

Hey Folks, Itā€™s been a while but Blade has a brand new feature called Blade Alerts.

You can now get notified via an SMS message or an automated phone call to your phone when thereā€™s problems with your game.
Itā€™s only for Premium users right now because of the cost, but there are long term plans to roll out at least part of it to everyone (at least via discord direct message).

You can configure your alerts in the Alerts tab, to give an example:

And then when your alerts are triggered youā€™ll get a text message or phone call, for example:

Hopefully this helps people spot problems with their games faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, thanks!
This is amazing and I could see myself using on a few occasions

Sweet! I have been thinking of purchasing a subscription and this is a very powerful new feature. However, while I understand that SMS is a very convenient way of always receiving new alerts I can imagine that a lot of developers (including myself) would prefer Email notifications that we can tie in with or redirect ourselves. Phone numbers should be kept private where possible and I can imagine that those without a secondary number wouldnā€™t want to sign up for these alerts.

3 Likes

What about adding support for a push notification client like Pushover? That way you

1. Get it on your phone, which might be a convenience for people
  2. You save costs long-term.
1 Like

Seems useful, I will use this. Also would this be able to track activity of my own group?

Neato!

I actually made something like this a few months ago, but itā€™s only for tracking player counts http://rostats.thelmgn.com/

1 Like

Iā€™ve gotta ask ā€“ how is the like ratio calculated on your site? It displays my gameā€™s like ratio at 94%, despite it saying 41% on the gameā€™s page because of a dislike bot attack. After the attack, it went down to 22% and itā€™s recovered to 41% so far. Is your information recent like/dislike information?

I think @greenalien268 brings up a REALLY good point. Youā€™re reply was to conserve resources - is there really a huge problem in tracking games with very little players or activitity? I am guessing but it seems like tracking games with more activitiy would be more laborious to your service.

either way - losing data thatā€™s previously gathered seems like a bad feature in my opinion. I was considering buying this service but having second thoughts now

I am not employed by Blade, so if you want an official response it should be directed through the appropriate channels.

In saying that, it was publicly stated in August that Blade was costing US$100 per month. This is an exponential leap from the initial hosting price. Games with less than 10 concurrent players for over a 4 day period wonā€™t benefit from advanced tracking which Blade offers. It is a simple trade-off to ensure that the appropriate resources can be dedicated to much larger studios, who are paying for high-quality tracking tools to accurately track place data in real time. For premium users, Blade is storing an upwards of an entire months worth of data.

cc @IntegerUnderflow.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just pop in here to give an explanation of what happened with the reasoning and what games are affected with regards to sudden removal.

Reasoning
Blade currently costs approximately $300 a month to keep alive, while premium subscriptions help offset that cost they are a drop in the ocean in comparison to my financial liability to keep the service alive. Small games were digging into these costs, so I decided that for certain games, there isnā€™t much (as in, the value is outweighed by the cost) value in the data of very small games.
For us, tracking one game costs about the same amount of resources whether itā€™s big or small, because we just issue HTTP requests for the relevant resources (1 for place information & concurrent players, 1 per product for product info, etc)

What games are affected
A game is only subject to removal if it has been 4 days since that game last got over 10 players, if at any point in that period the game gets 10 or more players the clock resets.

Are any other games being deleted?
No.

I would also like to note there was a consultation with the community on this in the Blade discord server before any change came into effect.

cc @byc14 @WITHproInc

6 Likes

It should be. Could you send me the game link so I can look into it?

Just checked again, now itā€™s displaying the ratio as 29%. Hereā€™s the game link: Liftoff šŸš€ - Roblox

Ah, this was a bug where it would show the stats on the earliest data point returned by the server, not the latest.

Fixed! TY for letting me know

1 Like

This looks very nice and professional, I putted the website In my task bar!

Keep, It up! :+1: