Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Hey, I updated the video in my reply to better demonstrate that the head doesn’t rotate.

If you weren’t replying to me, then ignore this reply.

This is gonna help a lot as I wanna do some rendering in Blender too.

2 Likes

Uh… I encountered an issue…

2 Likes

@Cryptic_Soldat has the post which is exactly what’s happening to us all, any way to fix this?

@Cryptic_Soldat @takwuz The error you get seems to indicate you’re using an outdated addon version. Update the addon. Old addon versions are not compatible.

1 Like

NOTE: This workaround is only for people who really needs to animate in Blender with the humanoid features such as character meshes, (2.0 limbs), accessories etc.

The newest version of the plugin and addon works perfectly fine and I highly recommend using it unless you need to animate with specific meshes!

For instances, only use this method if you want to animate with this

instead of this:

Despite the old addon versions are not being compatible, I found that this workaround works perfectly fine for me.

To quickly elaborate the working steps:
1: Install the old version of the plugin

2: Export your rig with the plugin.

3: Click “Build Rig” in Blender, then delete the rig.

4: You will find everything in your rig having a wrong name, they have no spaces, all except the first letter are small letters and a “1” behind them. (Such as “Right Arm” being named into “Rightarm1”)

Or the bones are not named correctly to the corresponding part (Such as rotating Left Arm will rotate Right Leg).

Now you have to rename EVERYTHING back to it’s EXACT original name, not a single different letter or string.

Example:

• Leftarm1 > Left Arm
  • Head1 > Head
  • Humanoidrootpart1 > HumaonidRootPart

5: Rebuild Rig again then it should work properly!
Image from Gyazo

So far I have no exporting issues. I heard Den saying the current plugin version is to maintain “consistent export behavior”, however I have tried exporting an animation and it works completely fine in Roblox. It should be related to some really backend issues. I guess this is a temporary fix is the only solution for now.

7 Likes

FINALLY!!! the pllugin works now perfectly
thank you

The plugin works fine now, as I’ve troubleshooted using the methods described. I can animate fine, but the textures come up really buggy and weird. If anyone has any fixes, let me know.

1 Like

Whenever I try to export my rig from the blender animations plugin in Roblox it doesn’t give me the file option to save? Is the plugin bugged or am I doing something wrong?

Why does this happen? It works but instead of the usual mesh limbs, it’s just blocky parts. And there’s 2 heads, when I move the head bone it does something like that on the picture. Is there a fix for this?

Got myself a weird error after updating the Roblox plugin. The .py file works fine, but the problem is that the imports are very bugged out. Here is one on a regular R15 dummy.

Error

2 Likes

Make sure the blender addon is up to date and the roblox plugin

same problem for me, it broke, everything is up to date

i got this error when im trying to import a rig into blender
i dont know what any of this means and oddly, other rigs works except for this one rigs im trying to import

1 Like

you should remove the face textures for that bug.

Rigs will not export properly. Accessories, and the face do not export properly(R6 rig).
everything is up to date. (except Blender witch is 3.0. Last time the download for Blender was rate limited and I don’t want to spend another 2 hours getting the installer so I’m staying with 3.0).

Can you try and get this fixed? I need to be able to get accessories to export (I render animations in Blender, I do not record in ROBLOX Studio. I need the accessories to be in Blender).

Edit: I am getting meta parts in the export again.

4 Likes

nvm my friend figured it out lol

i have blender 3.1 and its not working (when you import dummy, random parts appear in blender)

Are you sure your parts are named properly? Did you clean meta parts? And is your humanoid root part set to origin position 0,0,0?

Yes, I cleaned meta parts, anchored HumanoidRootPart, and set position to 0,0,0. I’ve done that, clicked export, then this happened:

As you can see, there are random parts when importing into Blender.