BlockLua | The blazingly fast visual scripting plugin for Roblox. Code with blocks, like in Scratch!

Ok - will see what I missed in the OP.
Thank You - I will try again.

1 Like

Somehow itā€™s working on the Laptop now - nothing done by me (refresh glitch ? lol)

I see much needs to be done on the internal Help Tips - would be helpful.
Are there any sources where I can at a glance see all the code blocks - bigger picture.

The window for the coding is rather small - and canā€™t be undocked - would be nice.
Undocking it would allow me to move it to my 2nd monitor.
Would that be possible now - or in revised version ?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hello!
Iā€™m glad you got it working.

I am working on that, as you can see the button is already there. Itā€™s just a lot of work to document each block and of course later on add some tutorials.

Undocking seems like a nice feature to add, Iā€™ll see what I can do for sure.

Thank you for the review and for using the plugin!

1 Like

i am having an issue when creating a custom clone block and it results in an error and breaks everything

Console log:

18:02:31.654  Attempted to call require with invalid argument(s).  -  Edit
  18:02:31.654  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  18:02:31.654  Script 'cloud_12071643707.BlockLua.main.dragSystem', Line 325 - function createCloneFromBlock  -  Studio
  18:02:31.654  Script 'cloud_12071643707.BlockLua.main.dragSystem', Line 652  -  Studio
  18:02:31.654  Stack End  -  Studio

Hello!
Thanks for the report, Iā€™ll look into it.

1 Like

Hello there, I am having issues, as i cannot place Blocks on the area, In Event Blocks, it worked, but here it doesnt workā€¦ Any solutions how can i fix it?
Sorry for asking.

1 Like

Oh never mind, I have fixed it. Sorry for any confusion

1 Like

Big update!

Hello!
I would like to introduce you this big update based on @TQNY2ā€™s idea.
Now, you can use the plugin as a widget! Just enable it in the settings.

and if you wait a secondā€¦

You have the whole plugin as a separate widget! Amazing, right?
Now, you can even use the plugin on your other monitor, or just have it floating around and toggle the window anytime using the button in the ā€˜Pluginā€™ tab at the top.

Of course, you can disable this feature anytime, and use the plugin the default way.

Warning!

When you toggle this feature, the plugin basically restarts itself. So if you have any unsaved work, it will be lost. Make sure you click the ā€˜Saveā€™ button before you toggle it.

Also I have fixed the bug reported by @why_is202, thank you again for the report!

Support the pluginā€™s future!

Did you know you can support the plugin for free?

Just share it with your friends, upload videos to youtube, anything that helps the plugin grow. The more people we can reach, the more people will start scripting and make some amazing stuff in the future!

Thank you so much for everyone who already did something to help BlockLua and also for everyone who plans to do something!

Make sure to update the plugin!

InstallButtonBlockLua

OP

5 Likes

So amazing! Keep up the good work Xsticcy.

However i cant find the important stuff like
Touched by character in Event Blocks
or when script starts.

Yes because BlockLua takes a different approach.

I believe it is just called sth else. I canā€™t remember it from memory now sorry.

This one is not needed in BlockLua. You can just drop the block into the script and it will run when the script starts.

2 Likes

Alright, but the touched by character is kinda the most required thing i need to find

Check out the tutorial in the OP. You can see it there!

1 Like

thanks for fixing the bug! the new separate window feature is AMAZING! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Please report anything else you might encounter.

2 Likes

THANK YOU So Much !! This is amazingly fast work - Love it even more !

Yeah, I can imagine - a LOT of pesky work :frowning:
I will be patient.

So in the mean time, I was looking for a ā€œLarge Mapā€ of all the code blocksā€¦ so that I can get a bigger picture of which blocks I would be looking for, as the search is harder, not knowing what Iā€™m looking forā€¦ Yet :stuck_out_tongue:
So I dragged them all into the script, and took snapshots like belowā€¦ that might help me so long.

Other than that - Iā€™m sure this is going to help me in the meantimeā€¦ till I can grasp coding on my own.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong, but it wonā€™t allow me to drag blocks onto the script section.
And I have updated the Plugin as well.

Alsoā€¦ where do I find the Icon above to undock your app ?

1 Like

Hello, you can drag down the topbar (where is days BlockLua) to access the settings.

Also try re-selecting the script that usually solves the glitch.

1 Like

I eventually got it to drop down by double clicking it.
After thatā€¦ a single click would drop the bar down for visible settings.

Had an issue of the Experience Blurring when the BlockLua was on the other monitor.
Iā€™m not sure why it happened, and was stuck like that, but a restart of Studio sorted it out.

1 Like

I am a little stuck without more documentation ā€¦ but know itā€™s in the plan sometime.
Just feels like I am back where I have to learn scripting the normal way.
At this stageā€¦ it seems Iā€™m better off with Ai/GPTā€¦ getting what I needā€¦ anyway.

Hopefully your documentation will be available soon.
More video demonstrations or picture samples would help till then.