BlockLua | The blazingly fast visual scripting plugin for Roblox. Code with blocks, like in Scratch!

Got a suggestion: drop down menus on custom blocks, would be great for custom blocks that have enum property’s, for example.

1 Like

this plugin runs on background (closed window UI of plugin) and might effecting to performance, this detected by script profiler.

It shouldn’t affect performance much. But you can always disable the plugin if you don’t use it.

Hope the BlockLua help files are coming on ? :pray:
I really can’t use it without knowing which works together.
Pretty much the same as learning scripting the normal way… without help files.
Defeats the purpose of buying it… as it currently sits.

1 Like

Dear god Roblox, my friend just got the robux to get this and… plugins require real money now at a minimum price of 4.99…

Yup - It’s crazy.
Any sane company would keep all options … at least till everyone is used to the new option.

I’m just waiting for my country to support Creator store i can purchase this.
ths is literally golden, i needed this for awhile now, considering i’m familiar with Scratch as an engine.
amazing design, keep the updates :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Well now you need to pay actual money for plugins, thanks to Roblox. Srry to burst your bubble but it’d save you the disappointment of finally getting there and realizing you may not be able to do it.

1 Like

I’m Aware and i’m fine with purchasing it with actual money, IF they support it under my country regulation/ and system

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m hoping more countries will be supported as well!
I will try to push more and bigger updates to make sure the plugin’s quality matches it’s price.

I am so glad I remembered to pick this plugin up at one point with the Creator Store changes, should have really installed it by now. It’s unfortunate that this update locks so many people out, especially with a useful plugin like this for beginner developers.

I can’t remember whether I noticed custom blocks before but I definitely need to experiment with them at some stage!

1 Like

Back again, after a long time!

Hello everyone, I’m happy to announce that I’m back on developing the plugin(s)!
I couldn’t really work on them due to school, personal life etc, but now I’m back again!

I’m working on a very simple tutorial feature for BlockLua, as the community asked.
Take a look:

I’ll focus on making a few more tutorials before releasing the feature.

I believe this is going to be a huge update, as it will allow new programmers to learn some basic things that will kickstart them on their development journey!

(the UI might be revamped later :wink:)

Thank you for all the users of BlockLua and EventBlocks out there! You are awesome and I’m so amazed how big our community has grown! I believe we can make these plugins better together

InstallButtonBlockLua

OP

1 Like

Progress with the tutorials feature

I’ve finished the UI, and now I only have to make some tutorials

It’s super cool :wink:

2 Likes

Thank You very much… looking forward to it.
Then I can know how to use it by adding the right items to the right Blocks :smiley:

1 Like

Tutorials feature released

Hello everyone!

I’m happy to announce that I’ve finsihed working on the tutorials feature for BlockLua. You can access it in the Help section (by clicking the green question mark button at the bottom right).
Just open it, and scroll down!

I’ve only made these 3 tutorials for now, but there are many more to come. You can start any of them, by clicking the Start button. Once you do that, a popup will appear, which is telling you the instructions. This popup can be moved around the screen with your mouse.

Also, keep in mind that some tutorials might have “premade content” included. You can import these with the yellow Import button!
As the popup says, it’s highly recommended that you import them.

Feel free to tell me if you have any suggestions/ideas!

2 Likes

Why does (on the picture at least) the NPC Model have the regular noob skin, but the pants are yellow?

Aka looks like he has no pants

Oh well I thought that’s how a noob character looks like

Ah ok. Normal noob pants are green :+1:

2 Likes

haha okay! I’ll change that then!

2 Likes

Alright! I’ve published a small update, the thumbnail of the tutorial has been replaced.

2 Likes