BlockLua | The blazingly fast visual scripting plugin for Roblox. Code with blocks, like in Scratch!

Hi… this is an extended screen view … BlockLua is on my 2nd screen.
I did it this way so I only have to share 1 image.

What I’m trying to see… is the Sword script … in the BlockLua Plugin/Popout.
What am I supposed to click to see how you used BlockLua by connecting all the Blocks ?

You’re supposed to open the scripts, the “BlockLuaScripts” folder is used by the plugin only.
When you open the script, you should see the blocks placed inside it.

Ouch… how could I be so daft :man_facepalming: lol
I did search for script… don’t know why I missed those outside of the Plugin scripts.
Thanks again… now I can try make sense of the scripting via Blocks :wink:

1 Like

Ok… here I learnt something knew regarding programming with Blocks
And that is Parent is replaced with “me” … so guess help file documentation will point that out ?

A nice easy one for others to compare with.

Here’s a more complex Script & it’s BlockLua comparison.

Hope this answers some questions that others might have.

1 Like

The 2 samples above, make a lot more sense than the one below.
I would NEVER have figured that this tiny block sample, would create the script below it.

I will keep trying to learn with it, but yeah… your documentation will help :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Last item of the day… is that I might be experiencing a bug.

1. Sometimes double clicking on the script opens the script & the BlockLua panel (with blocks)
    Then other times… trying to open the SAME script again… leaves BlockLua panel WITHOUT blocks (blank display panel).

2. Then there are times I try open the valid BlockLua script… and it shows this below:
    (but it’s your script, and ALL where made with BlockLua, and I’ve seen it with the Blocks).

If I close Roblox Studio - then it works again… until it doesn’t a bit later.
Just worth mentioning.

1 Like

That seems weird, I’ll look into the issue.

Thank you so much for the comparison here:

1 Like

It would be nice if you had an option to choose any font you wanted, maybe an advanced menu under cartoon font?

Great plugin by the way.

1 Like

Not a bad idea, maybe I’ll find a way to implement that. Thank you for your feedback!

2 Likes