BlockLua | The blazingly fast visual scripting plugin for Roblox. Code with blocks, like in Scratch!

how do you release these fire updates so fast

1 Like

Settings update! Font settings for blocks

Hello!
Iā€™ve added a settings button to the BlockLua toolbar:

If you click on it, the settings menu will show up:

You can toggle these two font options for your blocks. These options will automatically apply to every block, including the ones you have already placed.

Hereā€™s how it looks:

Cartoon font OFF, Bigger font OFF

Cartoon font OFF, Bigger font ON

Cartoon font ON, Bigger font OFF

Cartoon font ON, Bigger font ON

I hope you like this update! Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas. Also if you encounter any bugs, please report it here!

OPButtonBlockLua

InstallButtonBlockLua

4 Likes

HOW DO YOU DO IT SO FAST

3 Likes

Iā€™ve made BlockLuaā€™s engine highly optimized and easily scalable. Also, I have a lot of experience in plugin development. Thatā€™s all! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Optimization update and some small fixes

Yep, Iā€™ve worked on optimizing BlockLua a bit more.

There is one major change. From now on, scripts wonā€™t autosave after every drag. So you either have to deselect the script or press the save button.

To make this more user-friendly, Iā€™ve changed the default save button to look like this:

But as soon as you make a change, it highlights it:

When the script gets saved, it reverts to the default look.

I fixed some tiny little bugs, they were mostly UI bugs. There should be less visual glitches.

Aaaaandā€¦ thatā€™s all for this update!

Please report any bugs you encounter here, or if you have any ideas feel free to share in the form of a reply!

Have a great day!

OPButtonBlockLua

InstallButtonBlockLua

5 Likes

If else, Quick add, Snapping glitch fixed

Letā€™s see the contents of this update!

If else
Iā€™ve added two new blocks. ā€œif (condition) then (with else)ā€ and ā€œelseā€
These blocks MUST be used together to work!
Example:

You can still use the simple ā€œifā€ block of course.

Quick add
This is a useful little feature you might use to make coding faster.
Just double click on an empty space in the coding area and start typing the name of the block you want to add. If you found it, you can just grab it and drag it where you want.
Showcase:

Snapping glitch fixes
I just fixed some more visual glitches related to snapping blocks.

Thanks for reading! Please update the plugin and report any issues or tell your ideas!

OPButtonBlockLua

InstallButtonBlockLua

5 Likes

this is actually really intresting, is there any tutorials out for blocklua

2 Likes

Hello!

Currently I havenā€™t made any tutorials, but you can check out the Roblox group linked in the OP. You can find a simple uncopylocked game made with Block Lua there. Also join the Community Server and you can ask for help from the community!

Most of the blocks are self explanatory so you should be able to figure out how they work by yourself

Iā€™m planning to make some YouTube tutorials for BlockLua

3 Likes

Seems pretty nice, the colors could use some work though. Reminds me of the visual scripting plugin in unity to a certain degree.

I canā€™t try it since I got no robux, and honestly, Iā€™m not gonna use money to get virtual currency. But keep it up though! would love to see how it improves.

2 Likes

I have joined the disco server, nobody responds it is kind of dead lmfao

2 Likes

Proximity Prompts, Search algorithm improvements!

Hello all!

Proximity Prompts
Iā€™ve added 1 new category and 4 new blocks with this update. They are all related to proximity prompts.
Here they are:

Search algorithm got better
Now, you should be able to find blocks more accurately! The search algoritm got smarter and more accurate

Thanks for reading! Please update the plugin and report any issues or tell your ideas!

OPButtonBlockLua

InstallButtonBlockLua

3 Likes

Logo redesign + price change

BlockLua got a new logo!
Logo Text 2

The pluginā€™s price has been changed to 150 robux.
I think the pluginā€™s feature set it coming together and itā€™s stable enough for this (still cheap) price tag!

5 Likes

bought

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I hope you will like my plugin!

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see more updates. :wink: Coming from a guy who finds Scratchā€™s blocks easier than Roblox Studioā€™s Luau, while at the same time finding Luau easier than most other programming languages, I think I just hit the Jackpot.

Your time (and soon, my Robux) spent on this project has not been wasted, my friend.

3 Likes

Thank you sooo much!

These days Iā€™m quite busy with other things but when Iā€™ll have free time Iā€™ll definitely release more updates

Thanks for using my plugin ^^

2 Likes

Iā€™m not using it yet, but a few trips to Pls Donate can change that.

2 Likes

I should probably do so eventually too since I only own EventBlocks.

Just out of interest, does the new logo suffer the same fate as EventBlocksā€™ new logo in Studio? Iā€™d be willing to do one for BlockLua as well (although I donā€™t think BlockLua needs it as much lol).

1 Like

This looks like a really neat plugin for beginners. However, I wouldnā€™t teach any newcoming coders with it any farther than basic functions, printing, and variables. This looks like it would be a good place to learn, then slowly transition into Lua. Good luck with this plugin, and I hope newcoming developers can be inspired by it!

2 Likes

I can appreciate the amount of time you must have put into this plugin @Xsticcy :raised_hands:

Its really well designed + a good alternative for beginners in Studio so have bought it + EventBlocks to support your efforts in helping making roblox game dev more accessible.

2 Likes