BlockLua | The blazingly fast visual scripting plugin for Roblox. Code with blocks, like in Scratch!

You what!? Please tell me, is there a lite version or something? If not, how did you get it for free?

1 Like

BlockLua was free for a few days after release, probably thatā€™s the reason how (I hope so hahaha)

5 Likes

Yes, how did you know!?!??!?! (I remember suggesting the animation feature in block lua)

2 Likes

Awesome plugin! The worst thing is that it doesnā€™t have a lot of features as you mentioned, to have a lot of features you could make a feature to create my own blocks with their custom behavior using the Roblox Studio scripting or the BlockLua.

1 Like

That would be neat. they could make it so people can share blocks with each other, would save them so much time actually adding it all in themselves.

2 Likes

Hello! I didnā€™t really have time to work on it nowadays. I will definitely try and push the update out as soon as I can!

2 Likes

guys i love pirating roblox plugins

2 Likes

Yeah I definitely agree, Robloxā€™s current script editor is difficult for new players who are new to scripting (or as i like to call it, programming) so for newbies I suggest you use BlockLua or EventBlocks

@Xsticcy i have some more suggestions
Add constraints blocks for manipulating constraints, for example a HingeConstraint block for HingeConstraints
Btw Iā€™ll try your BlockLua scripting program now

In progress! Huge UI revamp, new blocks, custom blocks soon

Coming in the updateā€¦

• UI Completely revamped: new design, animations and much smoother experience
  • New blocks and new colors: more vibrant and colorful, similar to Scratch, more blocks added that exist in EventBlocks but not in BlockLua
  • Custom blocks: create your own custom blocks and share them using a string of characters, later on share it on the BlockLua website
6 Likes

hey I really like the plugin but how did you get a ā€œInstall buttonā€ to be on your devforum post. To clarify also I just downloaded it

1 Like

Hey!
Itā€™s a simple trick you can do on Devforum.
So first you have to upload the image of the button into your post. Then, you see something like:
![image|000x999][upload://blablabla.png]
Copy this, and just make a clickable link but set the title of the link to the string you have just copied. You should get something like this:

and thatā€™s it!

2 Likes

how did you get it centered on the screen?

1 Like
<div align="center">

stuff to center here

</div>
and it works!
1 Like

Super update, many many new stuff!

Hello!
I would like to introduce you to the biggest update in BlockLua yet!
Letā€™s get right into the changes:

• Completely redesigned UI/UX
  • Much smoother experience
  • Built-in Add Script button
  • Categories panel
  • CUSTOM BLOCKS
  • Introducing Top Menu
  • Work in progress Help Menu (it is empty right now)
  • More vibrant block colors
  • Even further optimized and bug-proof scripting experience

New UI/UX

New colors, animations and interactive UI. It wonā€™t glitch and it feels extra smooth.
You can now drag the Open/Close button, as well as click it to toggle the editor with one click.

Top Menu

The Top Menu is a multi-functional panel that you can drag down from the top. You can just click the title bar to toggle it with one click. You can see the Settings, Custom Blocks and the Block Editor side by side. This way, while you are making your block, you can also see how it looks like with different settings.

Custom Blocks

With this update, you can create, edit and share custom blocks. The editor is pretty easy to understand. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. Online sharing will be introduced later on!
For now, you can copy-paste the ā€œBL Codeā€ of a custom block to share it with others.

Try to import this custom block I've made!

Here is the BLCode, use the Import button to import it:

{"Docs":"","BlockType":"block","Code":"local _explosion = Instance.new('Explosion')\n_explosion.Position = !{ValueInput1}\n_explosion.Parent = workspace\n\n","IsEvent":false,"HasInside":false,"Category":"world","ID":"id241669560-1700926989-3003","BlockOrder":0,"Content":[["Label","spawn explosion at"],["ValueInput","vector 3",1]],"Name":"spawnExplosionAt"}

Add Script button

Works the same way as in EventBlocks. You select an instance, click the Add Script button and select which type of script you want to add. It will automatically convert it to a BlockLua script and open it as well.

Categories panel

Using the categories panel, you can quickly jump between categories without having to use the search bar, or scroll a lot. When you click on a category, alongside scrolling to that category, it will highlight it for a few seconds to help you see where it is.

Help menu

The help menu will include some documentation for most blocks and also custom blocks (if the creator decided to add a documentation to their block). Right now, it is empty! It will be ready in the next few updates!

So, what are you waiting for?

Get BlockLua now!

InstallButtonBlockLua

OP

5 Likes

This is awesome. Maybe this plugin will make my brother want to script on roblox. He always gives up learning lua (im bad teacher).

2 Likes

That is great to hear! I used to show the older plugin (EventBlocks) to my sister! I think BlockLua can only work better!

2 Likes

New Top Menu style, also bugs fixed

Hello!
So I received some bugs (mostly UI) about the custom blocks. Those have been fixed.
And now the Top Menu has a completely revamped style! Have a look:

Make sure to update the plugin!

InstallButtonBlockLua

OP

2 Likes

Minor UI changes, calibrate blur size

Hello!
Iā€™ve worked on the UI a bit. Just made it more consistent. Also added the option to control the size of blur when pulling down the top menu. Use this button to change it:

How it looks like:
Blur size 0:

Blur size 32 (default):

Make sure to update the plugin!

InstallButtonBlockLua

OP

3 Likes

Post update

Iā€™ve revamped the tutorial in the OP to match with the current version of the plugin. If you had trouble following it, now it should be completely fine.

1 Like