Bloxstrap - An open-source, feature-packed alternative bootstrapper for Roblox

It doesn’t. It just fires and forgets. Bloxstrap (or another BloxstrapRPC-compatible server) just tails the log file and picks up on those print entries. You can read more about it here.

1 Like

Update Still not 100% what causes this but it appears to me that everytime Bloxstrap updates it creates this registry key in the Temp folder inside the AppData folder with the value of the newer version of bloxstrap.

Oh, it’s creating a new entry for every update that gets released as they get launched from %temp%. My planned overhaul for v2.6.0 should fix this.

2 Likes

Will it be compatible with macOS in the future? Because It won’t let me open it, saying it only works on Windows.

The GitHub page explicitly states this only works on Windows, and the only download provided is an .exe file. We hope to add MacOS support some time in the future, but it won’t be any time soon.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the follow up. I’ll be waiting for the day it comes out!

1 Like

Why was the channel functionality removed? Do you have any idea when it’ll be back?

stopped working after roblox update

you may find your answer here

1 Like

Quick and possibly dumb question: How is Bloxstrap detecting which region the server is in?

1 Like

Heres what I (from reading Bloxstrap’s source code) gathered about how Bloxstrap gets server location.

Before getting the server location, Bloxstrap gets the servers machine address from the Roblox logs, this is found in the line that starts with “! Joining game”, the machine address is at the end of that line.

Then it makes a GetStringAsync request to https://ipinfo.io/ using HttpClient. (Specifically /city, /region and /country)

The code for that looks like this:

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

I see, that certainly helped, thanks! Following that, is there a way to get this info in-game? I’m trying to find a way to get a server’s region for a server browser, it seems all the other ways aren’t exactly accurate anymore

You could maybe try getting the servers address using some sort of http request, then use the method that Bloxstrap uses to get the location of the server?

There could be a better way of doing this though, I’ve just never looked into stuff like this.

1 Like

I’ll just let you know that this isn’t exactly accurate either, though it’s using what’s more or less the most accurate API available. It’s been known to rarely detect Europe servers as being in the USA. Accuracy is practically impossible with purely IP geolocation.

2 Likes

Heyo! I Just wanted to give my praise for this since this is my favorite creation since Roshade (and also a somewhat alternative with forced future lighting :D)

1 Like

Will there be a custom boostrap style for Roblox Studio? Like when we load it up we can change how it looks

sup pizzaboxer

does multi instance launching still work in bloxstrap?

edit: alright it works just tested rn

1 Like

bloxtrap not recognize roblox.com/games/start?launchData=15518241881&placeId=5664294240 type links

How so? What does it do when you try to launch one?

2 Likes

hi, it only shows the UWP version of roblox, bloxtrap is missing here

(generic link: roblox:1+launchmode:app)