Blueberry v1.11 — A new way to display punishments

Hi, I’ve seen your message in my logging channel as well. Thanks for this. I left it there intentionally as an example. However, I think I’ll remove it soon.
Cheers and thanks again.

A Very nice resource to be honest, works and well made, keep it going!

1 Like

Thank you for your positive feedback!

1 Like

No problem, im just being honest, your a good developer.

1 Like

I’ve managed to make the UI look more like roblox’s Kick UI. The way I did this was go to the Kick UI in CoreGui, copy it, paste it in starter GUI, add a few tweaks to it and done.
Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 18.23.48

1 Like

Add a username suggestion system, or have it where you don’t have to type out the whole username rather just a part of it.

You could’ve just kicked the user, and used that reason.

1 Like

But I need Newline and Rich Text to make my Kick screen look good. Roblox recently disabled newline for the kick() function and it doesn’t support Rich Text…

The UI looks amazing. Although, note that the elements’ names are different now. Blueberry’s scripts may not work as intended if the paths and names have been changed.

Nice job, though! I’m glad to see someone customizing it.

There is an option similar to this. However, it’s only possible if the user you’re searching for is inside your server.

1 Like

i think you are able to break the line using \n

Yes spent thirty minutes changing the paths lol

No they recently removed that feature for the kick function

Roblox really needs to stop removing some of these essential features.

1 Like

I know right.

<30_Chara_Limit>

I think you can do something like

kick([[
title thing

you have been banned for (this) and (this) and stuff
]])

As I know, all new-line characters will be converted to spaces in kick messages. Also, kick messages will be limited to 300 characters. I can’t find the thread right now, but a staff member mentioned this. Not sure if it changed ever since.

Update; Newline Character doesn't work on kick messages - #12 by Tiffblocks

I’ll try this

<30_Chara_LIMIT>

I would advise against using this system, there are a number of substantial reasons for this, namely:

• The Warning/Ban UI looks god awful (no offense) - orange text does not fit on a black backdrop, and is a total eyesore to any potential players.

• There are a bunch of extremely basic grammar mistakes (e.g. Our Moderation Team has determined that your behavior at Roblox Organization ... unproper);

• Though, if you are not fluent in English, this is acceptable, but I would still advise you get a translator who can speak the language fluently to avoid making a fool of yourself on a public forum.
  • The actual panel looks horrible, a light-green background with white text is not complimentary and is a total eye-sore;

• Any half-decent exploiter can just remove the LocalScript supposedly preventing you from “removing the ui” - to mitigate this, you should instead teleport them to a new place - bans are therefore meaningless;

• There are a number of extremely basic errors, which shows the lack of your experience, such as warning requested ... for a permanent ban button, which is visible in your ‘showcase’ - Showcases are supposed to be used for showing how well your product works, not showing off a poorly-tested panel that has conflicting text;

• Describing your product as the ‘new way to moderate’ is extremely over-ambitious, and is partially misleading; why do you have fifty UIs sitting in random scripts, this is horrible practice; and

• Your scripting practices are god-awful, you check for three seperate types just when attempting to see if a UserID was entered, instead of just checking it against an ID for whatever reason? See Players:GetUserIdFromNameAsync

• You also waste something around 1000 lines defining variables that you do not need to define and checking types multiple times instead of using Roblox’s native UI - I would understand doing this if it was a web application; it’s not.

• You define variables such as the reason, the moderator and the userid when you could simply pass the data through to the server. See Remote Functions and Events

• Also, having three datastores for warnings, temporary bans and permanent bans is an exceptionally bad practice, and should not be done - instead, pass an object through the table, defining {warnings: {}, bans: {}}, etc, and add a duration field on temporary bans…

• You have six different scripts (besides the API), each taking up over 500 lines unnecessarily through poor practices, therefore, this module becomes an egregious memory hazard if the Developer continues to develop it like this

• The handling is some of the worst I have ever seen, the Developer checks every five seconds whether a person has “removed” his UI, now, this is a server-script, so I don’t need to say why this is going to cause a spontaneous memory leak.

• The Developer, and I am not joking, does this for every theme, so you have functions which do the same purpose being listened for twice, depending on the theme the user has chosen.

• The Developer, and I am not joking when I say this, handles kicks in the aforesaid manner; having three functions for kicking players depending on the user-selected theme.

I digress, as aforesaid, don’t use this module until the Developer fixes the serious security issues with this module. Instead use suitable alternatives like SimpleAdmin or Adonis - In my opinion, @crywink’s SimpleAdmin is better.

5 Likes

For everyone here, I recommend to avoid using any products & services from Session 42 as after doing some digging, all of their projects end up having major security issues and bugs and not long after they release, they all get discontinued.

For more information of why this module is a wrong choice, check the reply by @AwesomePIays.