Blurry R6 Accessories fixer

Before:
изображение
After:
изображение

Code example:

local AccessoryFixer = require(game.ServerScriptService.AccessoryFixer)
local Fixer = AccessoryFixer.new()

Fixer:startListen()

Enviroment:
Server | Client

6 Likes

Theres also :stop() and :fixIndividualAccessories(player, character)

1 Like

Why is this on the server? It would make more sense to do it on the client

If you use it on the server, everyone will see the improved quality, in other hands, if it is on the client, only you will see it, which might feel weird.

That doesn’t apply when all clients have the same script though. If all clients run the code themselves it takes all the load of the server, and since it is just a graphics related script, it is safe to trust the client with it.

3 Likes

actually yeah! but still i prefer to use this on server

3 Likes

Honestly, I would also put this in bug reports as it seems to be a site/engine-wide problem and you have a working fix.

It basically copies character appearance to r15 and then deletes accesories from original and copies them from r15 to r6. Thats it

Not to mention it would allow for LoD, helping to optimize.

2 Likes

Afaik it’s got to do with how SpecialMeshes render under Humanoids, and it was likely an optimisation made to make the fast clustering more efficient with avatars when accessories were already quite low resolution (although don’t quote me on that; it’s just an educated guess). MeshPart accessories do not experience this issue iirc but the workaround of just swapping out SpecialMeshes for MeshParts isn’t ideal if you are relying on SpecialMesh properties. The issue at hand is unfortunately much more difficult for Roblox to solve without breaking experiences.

3 Likes

I wonder, if it’s that simple why hasn’t Roblox already fixed the issue?

They are sabotaging R6, taking away key features and updates.

Roblox is stupid, thats your ENTIRE THEME BRO.

1 Like