Brand New Bubble Chat Customizations

I like this update! the new customization options will come useful.

Nice I was looking forward to something like this :smile:

1 Like

That’s so cool! Can’t wait to use it in my game!

This is so cool and amazing at the same time! It’ll make bubble chats more customizable than ever.

This is awesome! I will be definitely using this for my future games. Great update, keep it up!

I’ve made my opinion know in your previous post that I thought the new bubble chat looked sterile compared to the old one. This update allows developers greater ease of control over the bubble chat appearance which is much appreciated. However, the default look of it still looks flat, sterile, and lacking of life. I’m pretty sure the old one had a very subtle gradient or something. Does anyone know the settings I can set the new system to so it looks more like or exactly like the old chat? I could use the old chat, but I still want to be able to utilize the newer features.

Really really cool. I’ll be able to create a darkmode effortlessly instead of having to fork the entire API.

Here’s a material dark grey color that looks great for darkmode settings:

local ChatService = game:GetService("Chat")
ChatService:SetBubbleChatSettings({
	BackgroundColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(46, 46, 46),
	TextColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(223, 223, 223),
})

It looks like the little triangle thing overlaps with the actual bubble, hopefully there are plans to fix it though.

3 Likes

This looks great! I am going to test it out now.

Is there a way to change the tail color? I’m using UIGradient bubble chat and the tail is white, totally not matching.

Such an amazing update. It was really needed.
Edit: How do we configure this for some inividual players? No information about that was given on DevHub. Found it

What a great update!
Will there be TextStrokeThickness?

1 Like

Nice, This Chat Feature Is So Cool!

Did the fix come With This Update by any chance??

Looks good to be honest, well still waiting for voice chat xD

Every report I’ve gotten has been with a player already in game with the Roblox window in the forefront. Regardless, even if you do click another game on the website while in your current one, it’ll kick you out of your current one before joining the new one but it won’t do it with a disconnected message. It will close the window entirely and open a new one.

I love this new update. It’s going to allow a lot of customization and creativity to my games, something my development studio has always aimed for. Keep up the good work, Roblox!

1 Like

This gives me a new idea to my old bubbly chat post, time for some upgrades.

May I test this for my own game? :slight_smile:

Sorry, I guess I exaggerated a bit there. By buggy and broken I meant how words in the chat bubble would frequently get cut off.

1 Like

Yup go for it! I don’t own the API, lol.

i love the idea but ig the background color should be able to be customised and so is the font, But the animation is perfect!

1 Like