BridgeNet | Insanely optimized, easy-to-use networking library full of utilities, now with roblox-ts! | v1.9.9-beta

This is a component system, you would usually use a single remote with IDs on both sides to handle updates/movement. Look into Component systems like the one in Flamework.

1 Like

Please edit the documentation in your website. I just found out that you removed BridgeNet.Start({}) after looking for an error fix for 20 minutes. This is my fault for not checking latest release, but an edited documentation would help. Amazing module, thank you alot!

2 Likes

Heads up, rc stands for release candidate. New documentation is coming soon, though- and 2.0.0 is nearing official release.

Thanks for the compliment!

2 Likes

Did BrideNet.Start() function got replaced by BridgeNet.Bridge() ?

1 Like

Nope. BridgeNet now automatically starts once you require it.

1 Like

Can you please update the API to match the latest changes?

1 Like

The API is updated. Iā€™m assuming you mean documentation- Iā€™ll update it when Iā€™m available next. Unfortunately, I cannot right now- I am in the middle of the ocean.

10 Likes

Please get out of there as soon as you can i can see sharks :fearful:

2 Likes

nice ocean, it looks nice

When do you think you can update the docs

1 Like

Probably the 16th, as thatā€™s when I get back. Not too much has to get changed, I just need to finish up a few pages.

3 Likes

Awesome module, itā€™s compact, lightweight, and itā€™s not too hard to implement. Doing a bit of testing right now to see how itā€™ll handle this sword factory-esque game Iā€™m making for fun; anyways, reason Iā€™m replying to this reply in particular is a one liner fix for that issue.

Mostly doing this cause it irked me at how simple it was to fix yet annoying to experience; but dumb mistakes always happen, especially in release candidate (and mostly anything else thatā€™s not stable) versions.

Anyways, I digress; hereā€™s the fix I found when I realized what it was crying about, you probably already know how to fix it, but this is a good hotfix for people until the 16th.

Fix is as follows (if anyone else wants to do this for now, this is a good option)

BridgeNet ā†’ ServerBridge

• Line 260 [v2.0.0-rc4]
    * Replace table.insert(toSendAll, tbl) with table.insert(toSendPlayers[v.plrs], tbl)

Edit: Btw, the API documentationā€¦ about thatā€¦ Itā€™s kind of lackluster, if Iā€™m being honest. Documentation is also very lackluster, honestly even more so.

Ended up using source code most of the time to figure out what I was actually doing.

2 Likes

Documentation could be way better, yeah. If you look through the GitHub, you can see I was working on better documentation.

Thanks for the fix! As you said, these things slip through. Will be implementing this when I get home with 2.0.0s full release.

2 Likes

Sometimes the modules completely broke as I added more Bridges or more line of ā€œFiringā€ codes. Weird thing is there is no error so itā€™s annoying to debug.

Iā€™m getting the same thing right now. Hereā€™s the current model I got from the toolbox. Havenā€™t tried getting it on git.

I only required it from the local client I havenā€™t set up the server side or is it required to set it up on the server as well?

This seems like a very useful developer resource butā€¦

Is BridgeNet secure? Could third-party software abuse the module to cause strain on the server purposefully?

1 Like

There is this oddly weird bug. The module works in Studio but broke in Live Game. There is also no error. While debugging, it appears your data was sent, but unable to receive in client (doesnā€™t happen in-studio)

Hello, i have a trouble with module, How do i make server to server communication like BindableEvent, Iā€™m kinda confused.

This module is intended for client-server & server-client communications alternative remote event not for bindables.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks for informing me :sweat_smile: , i gonna give a try to module :+1:

Could you send a dump of the clients queue? Also, try using a non-release candidate like 1.9.9- after all release candidates are never guaranteed to be stable. However itā€™s interesting it doesnā€™t work in an actual game- could you send a screenshot of the ClientBridge._start() function?

1 Like