Bubble Chat fails to filter

I’ve been getting reports that bubble chat V2 is unable to filter out chat like the generic chat-box in some of my games I work for. Is there something I am missing out on? I do recall them changing the Filter for Broadcast function, but I don’t know how I should tackle these Roblox Chat Scripts.

Expected Result: (Working on Chat Box):
Screenshot 2022-04-29 164959

Actual Result: (Not working for Bubble Chat)
Screenshot 2022-04-29 164953

And trying it on a new baseplate brings the same outcome:

I’ve seen this issue for a while and assumed they’d fix it, but I’ve seen no changes to Roblox Bubble-Chat. I wasn’t able to create a bug ticket about this, so I am asking the devforum community on how I can come up with a solution myself using their Chat Bubble Modules.
Thank you.

Well from what I have seen it is only locally an issue. It seems to filter for other users as I have had the same issue in many different games and I have asked others and it seems to filter for them.

1 Like

Do you believe it might just be Roblox allowing users above a certain age to see unfiltered chat content? I personally don’t see a benefit other than helping players communicate with each other without it filtering on words that aren’t against their chat policy. I am just trying to prevent this from getting abused in games.

I am not sure to be honest. I asked people who are my irl friends that are the same age as me and they couldn’t see it as well as asking normal people in games. So it is possible. Or they might have been tweeking something and messed up on something they were doing that causes it not to filter locally.

Are you testing this in studio?

Both Studio and Roblox Player.

There’s no filter on roblox studio, you can say whatever and it won’t get filtered.

Well obviously because the game is running locally on your computer, but the filter literally doesn’t appear in games.

I have trailed this out with an alt account on mobile, and very shockingly, you can actually see the unfiltered text, it’s not just a local issue.

I would recommend turning off bubble chat for now, as the baseplate I tested this on was taken down and suspended within a few minutes for “unfiltered chat”.

Oh right. It seemed to be a local issue when I had the thing the other day. Apologies that. Got this wrong.

My game got moderated and its not my issue its exact game issue. That’s UnBelievable.

Its a roblox bug I believe
See shark blox video for more information

1 Like

It’s a roblox problem why i got moderated and under review?

Report this unfilter bubble chat issue to roblox #bug-reports:engine-bugs
Current solution is disable the bubble chat option from chat.

This maybe a bug because roblox is adding a new chat service called “TextChatService” maybe they are trying to implement it in game client.

Currently TextChatService only works in studio and not in game
…read more

1 Like

Hi! A fix for this issue will be rolled out next week.

1 Like

Hi, our team has verified that this is only occurring on local sending clients (i.e. unfiltered chat is only visible to the sender and not to other recipients). If this is not the case with certain experiences please let us know by linking the experience URL, as it may be violating our ToS by implementing custom chat with chat filter bypass and would need to be moderated. Thank you.

2 Likes

Its client sided and its a filtering bug. ROBLOX has to fix it. No one else.

1 Like

URGENT! This issue has occured to my game, and I believe my game has been falsely moderated (it’s been placed UNDER REVIEW). I have reached out to Roblox Support, however they told me to fix it. Who should I contact about this?

EDIT: Here is the game link: The Booth Plaza - Roblox

I can’t report it I dont have enough permissions.

1 Like

this bug has caused my game to be falsely moderated and got my game suspended, I believe the bug is not my fault and I did no modifications to the bubble chat / chat itself.